Sign in to follow this  
paininthenuts

FORE! The 9th hole

Note: This thread is 1361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 posts / 778 viewsLast Reply

So we have both taken our drives, and both were pretty decent. There is about about 90 yards to the green which can only be reached by pitching over water. I take my shot and it ends up on the edge of the green. ken takes his shot and duffs it into the water. I walk to the green crossing the bridge to the right of the fairway, by which time I forget Ken has to drop a ball in front of the hazard for what will be his 4th shot. Once at the side of the green I here "FORE", and then hear a clatter. This is where the ball landed. Yes, right in my bag, which was sat in my trolley, which I was pulling. LOL

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

At least he yelled...  :-)

What I really want to know is what the heck have you been doing to that poor driver?!  :-P

I actually take the greatest care of all my clubs. Because it is used at nearly every hole I take the head cover off. On the day in question it had quite a lot of mud on it, and let's be fair, it's about 8 years old :-(

1 hour ago, paininthenuts said:

On the day in question it had quite a lot of mud on it....

They told you that you can put the ball on a tee when you use the driver, right? ;-) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

to heck with the driver discussion - let's talk about the condition of the grass on that course.

Ouch!

The side of the 9th green has been attacked by moles, not ideal, but that's life. I should also point out that's it's March and the course is still flooded.

Note: This thread is 1361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this