IGNORED

Time Machine for a Sporting and Historical Event

iacas
Note: This thread is 2583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

This is my historical event as well, and here's why I'd choose it over all of the other great choices like the signing of the DOI or behind the scenes of the Constitution, etc.  I don't think those were known to be as monumental events at the time as they turned out to be later on.  I think the space race and the moon landing, however, were huge deals at the time.  I'd like to see what that was like.

Despite the outright theft of my pick ... that's good reasoning. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sporting event: Be one of the 4100 people that were there the night Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points. 

Historical event: Be near the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza Nov. 22 1963.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

22 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Come to Lexington on April 19 and you can see it without a time machine!

Haha good point.  I'll have to get up there this Summer to check out Minute Man Park.

- Bill

Sporting event:  1951 U.S. Open at Oakland Hills. I would love to have seen Mr. Hogan playing at his best.  I also wouldn't mind being at Yankee Stadium for game 6 of the 1977 World Series when Reggie Jackson hit 3 home runs.

Historic event: The Battle of San Jacinto, April 21, 1836.  Sam Houston handed General Antonio López de Santa Anna (President of Mexico) his ass when his 900 troops defeated 1,200 of Santa Anna's men in 18 min. during the Texas Revolution. 

Or, I'd like to be in the Ramsey house to find out who killed JonBenet.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 2583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!