IGNORED

New setup for next year

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So for the past few years I have played on the Golfweek Michigan West Amatuer Golf Tour.  Next year I would like to be a little more competitive.  Currently I have a TaylorMade Rocketballz driver, and Speedblade irons.  I would like new irons and driver for next year and would like some feed back as to why you like the setup that you have.  

“Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.”

WITB: :mizuno: JXP 850 Driver 9.5 degree, :tmade: Rocketballz 5 wood, :tmade: PSi 4i-AW, :tmade: ATV wedge 56 degree, Pine Meadow lob wedge 60 degree, :nike: Method Drone Core 2.0 putter

A couple of suggestions...

First, playing on the Golfweek circuit costs a little bit of money, and it means you're getting more involved in the game. With this commitment, have you had any lessons recently? If you could find  a good instructor, possibly some swing changes and adjustments could help you become more competitive.

Second, after a couple of lessons and some stabilization work, get a fitting. This will help you find what you need in clubs: shaft type, clubheads and lie angle, grip thickness, etc.  A fitter can help you more if you have somewhat stable (not necessarily perfect) swing.

Go to upcoming demo days and test out different drivers and irons. Then, make a short list of ones you liked and share it with a fitter.

As for my set-up, it works for me but might not work for you. It took me about two years of tweaks and testing to get my current mix.

For clubs, most everyone uses putter, driver, irons and wedges. One critical area in rebuilding your bag is the bridge clubs: 3W or 4W? Hybrids or high-loft FWs? What is the longest numbered iron you can hit with good results?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!