• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Oh, I see @woodzie264....good idea. I copied it and works great. 

Thanks for the idea.

Sure thing! Thats the beauty of this community :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Oh, I see @woodzie264....good idea. I copied it and works great.  I simply took two screw eyes, screwed into the end of a real feel mat, and then ran two small, elastic shock cords (1/8  inch with plastic ball ends) through the eyes, tied the other ends together and secured the middle of  this "loop" under a rubber wooden tee holder secured by a galvlanized nail.  A couple of ball bungies would also do the trick. Took all of 40 seconds to make.

Since mine is on top of artificial turf, I did not want to punch any large holes that a large plastic lawn spike would make. The small nail makes a negligible hole and dissappears once the nail is removed if you need to move the mat.

Thanks for the idea.

not to beat this to death...but I should also mention that to permit a smoother slide action, I did place a thin piece of composite under the mat. This way the mat slides on the composite plate rather than the artificial lawn. It really works, and looks pretty good, small, neat. e.t.c. 

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

not to beat this to death...but I should also mention that to permit a smoother slide action, I did place a thin piece of composite under the mat. This way the mat slides on the composite plate rather than the artificial lawn. It really works, and looks pretty good, small, neat. e.t.c. 

yep - I put mine down atop pavers for a smoother slide/retract.