IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 47 (18 Jun 24) - Back to setup and easy chip swings with the PW today.  Focused on the foot position (even purposely setup too closed and too open to reinforce the most accurate position).  Also kept the balls scattered in varying depths of grass to better simulate potential on-course scenarios.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 178: 6/18/24

Putting through 50 mm gates and slow motion swings with 9-iron this afternoon. Still working through tennis elbow.

Day 96. Technique work, working on the lead wrist after watching this: 

Followed by a few chips and pitches using the technique described in LSW. Remarkably effective.

• Like 1

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

• Administrator

Day 593, June 18, 2024

It's hot downtown (but hotter outside), so I got 15 minutes of work in today after some lessons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10: played 9 holes and tied my best score.  Had a par on one hole and hit from the blues on another and was a just a couple of inches from another par.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 67:

Worked on priority piece with 8-iron, 9-3 swings. Priority piece is coming along nicely, and I think I have a good feel for correcting my club path which was getting OTT, thanks to an absolutely terrible (IMO) article on GD about Bryson's "power draw", but was able to glean a useful feel. Going to test tomorrow with Mevo+.

Also did a bunch of pitching/chipping into the net, just focused on good contact. At some point I need to start getting out to a real practice area to work executing short game shots on real turf.

Putted inside a bit too, also focused on good contact. Been hitting putts off center toward the toe, so just working on hitting out of the center.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 164 - More of the same, impact and footwork. This time with the Divot Board, because all this work on a mat probably isn’t doing me any favors regarding ground contact. Hitting things pretty thin right now, according to the Divot Board. 

Day 11:  hit a bucket at the range with my driver and did some putting practice 

• Administrator

Day 594, June 19, 2024

Played 18 holes with @rwolfe. Hit some good shots. Hit some odd ones. Mostly progressing forward. Same pieces.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 97. More of the thoughtful wrist work from the practice plan. When I do it right I feel it in the follow through. Wanted to map shot zones but technical difficulties and the heat prevented that. 

Day 48 (19 Jun 24) - played 9 holes with son while grandson was at golf camp.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 68:

Same full swing stuff as yesterday. Didn’t get the Mevo+ out. Maybe tomorrow. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 165 - Hit shots off the Divot Board to get ready to play some golf over the next few days. Changes aren’t there yet, but progressing nicely. 

Day 12:  Practiced chipping in the backyard.  I’m sure my technique is cringe worthy but it works for me. 

Day 180: 6/20/24

Putting through 50 mm gates and down 3’ 1” wide ruler. Still dealing with tennis elbow limiting other practice.

day 98. Technique work into the net working on the wrist action piece. Given the heat and how hungry I was, not the most productive session so called it a bit earlier. 

• Administrator

Day 595, June 20, 2024

Hit shots during lessons today. Then, had some balls left, so hit a few at the end. Got to five minutes for sure, but hit like three good ones in a row at the end and said "nope, I'm done now."

It was about 90° out, so… yeah. I was fine being done after being out in that for four hours.