IGNORED

TST Member Review - Players Towel

Note: This thread is 1226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Product Name: Players Towel
Product Type: Accessory (Golf Towel)

Product Website/URL: https://www.playerstowel.com/
Cost:  $24.95

Ratings (out of 5):
Quality: 5
Value: 4
Effectiveness 5: 
Durability:5
Esthetic Appeal: 5 

My Member Review

For background, my previous "towel" method has always been to have the normal 12" X 18" towel handing from the accessory clip of my stand bag.    I would never remove it, wash it, or even wet it during a round.   I have played with a lot of people who will do this religiously, but for me, I never felt the need.

When I received the Players Towel I was initially surprised by the size of it.

Towel.JPG.7195109e83497fb4da89d0d5dbe3bcce.JPG

The quality is very good, the edging is nice and the printing is sharp and rich in color.    I like the waffle pattern as I feel this helps with cleaning of groves and overall ability of the towel to do its job.

It is not a heavy towel so bringing it to the green is not a hassle and it's large enough to place under your putter while chipping.

The only negative I have, and it is not the fault of the towel, is having it in white would not have been my first choice.  Clearly this will show the most dirt and require more frequent washing than i usually do with my grey towel, but that is not a real issue.

$24.99 is on the high side for a golf towel, but this is one that will last for a long time so you are paying a premium for quality, but that is aligned to my personal philosophy in life.  Being able to customize it is a nice touch and I could see getting these as part of a bachelor party, annual weekend trip or milestone birthday golf celebration with buddies.  

Here are a few pictures of it in action, as you can see it does show the dirt, but totally understandable given it is white.

IMG_7072.thumb.JPG.ebed818ddc194dc2a91f2df4a70e5c71.JPGIMG_7074.thumb.JPG.0952afa4fa7851160ee0229ed22b1500.JPG

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • What you are describing is mental. You are losing focus when you start counting your score and placing an expectation on your round. Play one shot at a time and don't add your score.  For me, I know when I am even or one over, but for some reason if I add it to the expectation of the unplayed holes it puts a level of stress that I do not need. Staying with one shot at a time focus provides me the best results and keeps me in the present. Easier said than done, but once you really stop putting a premium on the outcome, you mind frees your body to make the best swings.  
    • First, welcome to The Sand Trap! There are tons of different sections here with a lot of great advice. When you say you start to make dumb mistakes, what do you mean by that? Course management mistakes, mistakes in your swing, etc.  If it is course management mistakes, I highly recommend reading the book called "Lowest Score Wins" which was co-authored by the owner of this site, it goes in-depth into course management and might be helpful if that is an area where you are costing yourself strokes. If it is a swing issue, it sounds like you went through a pretty big swing overhaul, so it's possible that your new swing just isn't 100% ingrained yet and at times you might start drifting back to old habits. One piece of advice I have is try to develop a pre-shot routine, something that takes you out of the relaxed mindset of in between shots and one that gets you focused on the shot at hand. Once your pre-shot routine starts, the only thing that should matter is how are you going to execute the specific shot that is right in front of you. Not your overall score, not if you are winning or losing in a match, not what you are eating for lunch afterwards, etc. Then once you hit the shot, then you can relax a little, but for those 20-30 seconds or whatever, 100% of your focus needs to be on that shot you are about to hit. Another thing that could possibly help too is to either not add up your score until the very end of the round, or if you start adding the score up mentally when you look at the scorecard, have someone else in your group, preferably someone in the other cart keep your score so that you can't even be tempted to look at the scorecard mid round
    • I'm all in. One of them should just go FULL heel. I've been saying that about Bryson for awhile, but maybe Brooks will beat him to it.
    • Bryson is just asking for more "Brooksie" at this point. I am not sure how this really helps him in anyway to keep participating. How can this not spill over into the fan base with this sort of outward trolling going on? Let your clubs do the talking.  I am waiting for him to say, "I have a fever, and the only prescription is more Brooksie!" 🤣
  • Today's Birthdays

1. afair1
      afair1
      (18 years old)
    2. jesikalopez
      jesikalopez
      (26 years old)
    3. jpokracki
      jpokracki
      (60 years old)
    4. krupa
      krupa
      (46 years old)
    5. ppine
      ppine
      (71 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...