IGNORED

Practice Journal?

Note: This thread is 2206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone - getting back into golf after a 3 year hiatus.  I've gotten tired of going to the range to work on my pivot to only get distracted and start working on my release or backswing, as well as forgetting what I told myself I should work on the next session... so I've bought a little book to allow me to plan and record my practice sessions.  Anybody else do this? I'm looking for inspiration on what to include / record.

My main aim is to spend allocated time on aspects of my swing, rather than trying to diagnose each shot and fix it there and then.  But might also have some targets to add pressure (e.g. get x number of good shots in a row).

I keep a journal that has info on how set up for different shots. An example is how to up for a down hill lie, or any other shot that is not the norm for me. I have had it for over 40 years. Still add stuff to this day. 

I found it tough to remember everything about the swing, so I started writing stuff down.

My journal also contains information on what the causes are for bad shots, what to look for in my swing, and how to fix it, while on the course. 

I also keep club yardages for up hill, down hill, and level shots. Against the wind, cross winds, and with the wind. 

Just about anything that will help me, I write down. Back when I was  da pretty decent golfer, it came in handy from time to time. Now days, I might look at it 2 or 3 times a year, which is usually when I add something to it. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My instructor had me buy a loose leaf binder and with each lesson, I get a written summary of the lesson.   He also gives a lesson plan to practice the lesson.   In addition to this, the lesson is recorded and delivered via Hudl Technique.  I keep them in the binder and reference them occasionally.   

Don't get into a rut of trying to fix everything all at once.   Practice with a definite purpose.

Check out this thread

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

A journal sounds like a great idea. I do something similar in that I've made copies of instructional articles that deal with my game and review it every few months - more so when I'm waiting for snow to melt in Chicago. I could see where a list of key bullet points might help on the practice tee as well as help me focus on on key points before a round.

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

Note: This thread is 2206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!