IGNORED

Best gps app for Apple Watch Series 3?

Note: This thread is 2100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
20 hours ago, LarryEdwards said:

I see a few with very good reviews. My question is, has anyone used any of them and did you upgrade? Which app do you suggest?

I have an Apple Watch but use lasers.

Maybe someone else will be able to help.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’ve used the Grint and like it pretty well. My watch is a series one so my phone must be in my pocket to get somewhat accurate distances. I also use the app to keep track of score, greens in regulation, and number of putts.  There are several other stat categories if you get the paid version of the app.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've played sporadically for years (2 or 3 times a year at best).  This year I decided to make a real effort to play more so I could hopefully get better.  I have an Apple Watch 2.  I read as many of the golf app and comparison reviews that I could find.  Some of them didn't support the Apple Watch, so I crossed them off my list (I don't call now which apps those were).  I played around a bit with 18Birdies I didn't like it enough to even try it out for a round.  I played a few rounds with TheGrint but overall I just wasn't impressed by it.  I started using Golfshot which I really like.  I paid for the Pro subscription which provides more functionality.  I also briefly tried GolfLogix, which along with Golfshot is generally at or near the top in the comparison ratings.  To me, Golfshot seemed much easier and intuitive to use versus GolfLogix.  I'm sticking with Golfshot because it works for me.  The only minor complaint I have is that sometimes trying to input scores on the watch can get a bit flaky.  I always carry my phone so its not a big deal to me.

Note: This thread is 2100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!