IGNORED

golf practice over winter

donkba
Note: This thread is 5952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i practice whenever i can especially during the winter, but i seem to be the only junior at my course. i go up every weekend, saturday working on woods/ irons for about 6 hours and on sunday working on pitching chipping and bunker shots, again for about 6 hours. some of the juniors are quite good single figure handicap players, but i have not seen one of them yet. if i were them, i would be working my butt off to get to scratch.They will probably turn up in april and shoot in the 80s. i do weight training every day, one day upper body and the next day lower body. i stretch everyday to improve flexibility and i practice putting every evening on my indoor putting green, where i dont leave until i have holed 100 3 footers in a row. i also have a lesson once a week with a PGA pro to sort my swing out and get it in shape for the start of the season. my aim is to get down to single figure by the end of the season. what are your goals for the upcoming season? anyone do any weight training to improve strength?

My goals for 2008 are (I think there is a thread somewhere) is to stop losing so many balls, work on chipping and putting, and get on top of the mental game. I've gone to pieces way too many times, which leads to an anti-handicap somewhere north of 25.

I lift four or five times a week, lots of weights. The weather's completely nuts right now so I've pretty much ruled out golf until it breaks, so I'm not as worried about muscle soreness after working out affecting my game, or anything. My goal is to build up muscles so I can well...yeah, hit the ball further.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I try to practice as much as possible. I go to the gym 2/3 times a week along with press ups, sit ups and stretching every night.
It is good you are putting in the effort now, you'll start to reap the rewards in the summer. If you get lower sub 12 start thinking about playing county junior opens and see how you compare

You know I think that if you keep this regime (sp?) up the your handicap will drop drastically but the end of next season. As for my practice, I'm usually at the indoor range 5-6 times a week for 1-4 hours working on EVERYTHING. On Monday's and Friday's I have an hour long lesson with my swing coach, with video and everything. That may be something you might want to look into, getting a single swing coach with a set day every week, and set time every week. I get along with my pro/coach extremely well and we play games for "prizes." He is also a Ping staffer and in 2 summers he is going to fit me for a full set of clubs.

P.S. donkba, what is your favorite EPL team?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

my favourite team is chelsea, doing well this season, but drew 1-1 with porthsmouth today (anelka for chelsea and defoe for portsmouth), but good news as man u drew 1-1 at tottenham. what team do you like?

Chelsea as well...let's go BLUES!!!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

sounds like you have a good routine - keep it up!

I work on fitness and flexability rather than weight training. Yoga is brilliant - since I started I have never felt better - not just for golf but in general.

There are other elements which could be beneficial to practice - mental game, wind/knock down shots, course management. Maybe read up some good golf psychology books. If you want to be single figure you'll need to keep your head cool.

We could all take a leaf out of your practice book!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

i need to work on my mental game, because last year, i would get so angry after a shot that i would snap club after club. i dont think i played a round with a full set of clubs! i had only a driver, 7i to pw, no sand wedge and a putter by the end of the season. thankfully though, it was only a cheap crappy starter set and i have now got new, quality gear, which i would not snap because they were expensive

sounds like you have a good routine - keep it up!

Flexibility is the key. You can be as strong as a house but if you're not flexible, you're lost. The more torque you can generate the more distance you will have.

That's a great practice routine. You should soon see reap the benefits.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I've decided im going to get a membership and suck it up.

My goal this year is to get to about a 4-5 Handicap as I think am i very capable of doing so. I need to do alot more practising this year around. My handicap only went down 1 last season.

I kinda of brush practising off because I don't really have a routine. I need to make one.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 5952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!