IGNORED

Best courses in the Northwest

Note: This thread is 5852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but my personal favorite is Trophy Lake.
In My Bag
Driver:r7 Quad 9.5, Mitsubishi Stiff
3-wood:980F 15, Fujikura Speeder Stiff
Hybrids:Idea Pro Tour Prototype 20 & 23, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons:5-9 Pro Combo, Steel True Temper Precision StiffWedges:Vokey Tour Chrome 248.06, Oil Can 252.08/256.10Wedges: Gunmetal 60 Low BouncePutter:RedX2...

I recently played Chambers Bay for the first time and fell in love with the course. If you haven't been out to play this course you need to get out and visit it. Don't hesitate to play it in the winter as the course is built on a gravel pit so it drains wonderfully.

Check out my review and pics

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid
Nike Pro Combo 3-PWTaylorMade TP 52 degreeTaylorMade TP 60degree

Desert Canyon was designed by Jack Frei, who also did McCormick Woods near Bremerton. It's a great course if you love the weather east of the Cascades. It has great views, some good challenges, makes you think, and treats you well.

That and Highlander are my two favorites in the Wenatchee area.

If you play Links golf on computer, I designed Desert Canyon for that game, so you can get a taste of it before you go.

Canyon Lakes and Columbia Point are both unique golf experiences worthy of your time. I will be going to Phoenix next week for business and taking the sticks. I have two days and possibly a twilight third. 80+ degrees and a rental car, should be fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, there are some nice courses in the PNW.

I can't wait to play more. I got a gift card to play Chambers Bay. Just waiting for the weather to improve.

I have to agree with many recommendations to Gold Mountain.

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

Canyon lakes in tri-cities is a very good course.. Its just too expensive. I know my name has broke in it, but paying upwards of $60 for this course??? I dont know about that. If im going to pay 60 bucks, why not pay a little more and go play Circling Raven in Idaho? Besides the drive, its a pretty awesome course.

• 2 weeks later...
I play at The Reserve. It is great! Both courses. Drains extremely well in the occasional rain!

I was actually pretty disappointed with the drainage the one time I played the south when it had been wet. The other times I've played it (I have played both south and north twice), the courses were excellent, however.

Honestly, I would seriously suggest Portland to anyone wanting a golf vacation. The weather is fantastic during the summer, and there are at least six courses I would rate "excellent," three of which would fit the bill for those not wanting to spend a ton. For those who don't mind spending over $75 for a round: The Reserve Pumpkin Ridge I actully like Pumpkin Ridge (Ghost Creek) better than either of the Reserve Course, but for value I would lean towards The Reserve. Peak season Reserve is only $88, while Pumpkin Ridge is $150. Pumpkin Ridge simply isn't worth almost twice the Reserve. Cheaper courses, but still excellent: Stone Creek - Absolutely fantastic course, easily the best value I have ever played. Just a flat out fun course with a lot of character without being gimmicky at all, plus, they keep it in EXCELLENT shape for a public course. Quail Valley Again, just a great course for the money. Heron Lakes Portland muni, two courses. I actually like both courses, but the Blue is higher quality, better set up, and way more challenging.

I have heard about Bandon Dunes. Apparently it is nothing short of spectacular.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!