IGNORED

New to the forums

HalaMarkRey
Note: This thread is 1996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all!  

Brand new to the forums, and super excited about reading and soaking up knowledge from others here. I’m 44 years old, and recently started playing again in July. Since then, Ive played quite a bit, and hit the range here in Chicago 3-4 days a week. I guess you could say I am obsessed? Ha!  I played in my teens and early 20’s, but life and work got in the way, and I stopped playing.  I was given second hand clubs by my fiancée’s father back in July, and used those until I bought some brand new TaylorMade M4 irons and Callaway driver and new bag.  Unfortunately, my car got broken in to here in Chicago late at night, and the bastard(s) took my new clubs, as well as my fiancée’s clubs. I was devastated, but managed to come to grips with it and move on. The silver lining is that I am taking my time to find the clubs that work best for me, instead of buying because of name brand.  

Currently, Ive purchased a really nice Sun Mountain C-130 bag.  Along with trying out some different clubs at the PGA Superstore (and a fitting), Ive purchased a TaylorMade M4 Driver, M3 3Wood, Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons, and a few Titleist Vokey Wedges.  My putter was the only club not stolen, as I use it in my condo to put in my living room. Ive had the fortune and privilege to play Shoreacres, Olympia Fields, and Medinah this past summer, and am in the decision process of becoming a member of Olympia Fields or Medinah. Luckily for me, I have a sponsor who is a member at both!  

In any case, I look forward to learning from you all, and taking in any advice you have for a player re-learning his swing - so to speak!  

Cheers!

Mark

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!