IGNORED

Pro-Master Vintage Irons

Note: This thread is 1226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anybody know anything about these irons? I picked them up the other day with a bunch of old clubs, including a set of Macgregor MT split sole irons (2-9), and some others. They were a former pro’s old clubs. They look amazing and are in great shape, but I can’t seem to find any info on these. They are a set of odd-numbered irons (3, 5, 7, and 9). The shaft says ‘Tempered Steel’, and some other writing which I can’t decipher. The club heads are smaller than the Macgregor MT irons, so I would assume that these are a player’s iron. Any info on these bad boys would be great! 

C9339DB5-6317-4951-8F4A-5C391714C8EB.jpeg

3B7527AD-A814-4312-9CC9-EC394B00DCCB.jpeg

AB887491-864D-4B0F-BDA5-E059DA09B352.jpeg

I remember Pro Master being a line Northwestern made. I think Judy Rankin had a ‘Pro-Master’ series. Does the club have Northwestern anywhere on it? Usually the sole I believe. Around late 70’s early 80’s maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, ZacKlassen said:

Okay, thanks for the info. No there are no other markings on the club. So are these women’s clubs then since they might be a Judy Rankin line? 

I don’t think so. Rankin’s club used the Pro-Master logo differently..cursive I believe. Northwestern had a Pro Master series I believe and these would most likely fall under that.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Interesting. I came across a full set of Pro Master Live Power clubs the other day in a thrift store. Woods and Irons. They have an etched logo:  "F J"

It is a beautiful set of old clubs - looks like they were used 1 time, put in a closet and never used again. Even more interesting, in the bag there is a pair of old Hush Puppy spikes (shoes). Also looks like they were used once and never used again. There are also dozens of golf balls:  Titleist DT Wound 90, Dunlop Max Plus, Spalding.

I am curious as to the age & history. The shoes look like they might have been Bing Crosby size.   

Note: This thread is 1226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!