• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razorhog

Help identifying old Wilson X31 irons

6 posts in this topic

I'm currently using my dad's old clubs and I'd like to get an idea of how old they are. Out of curiosity I'd like to figure out when this model was made. Any Wilson experts out there?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I did a google search for "national investors life insurance company" and it turns out it was an Arkansas based company that went under in the mid 80's.

I looked on ironfinder.com, where they have quite a few pictures of X31s, couldn't see anything that matched exactly. It looks like before 1977 and after 1982 the X31s had a through bore with the plug on the end (forget what that is called), so yours are maybe in that range (but just a guess). I think yours look a bit like the 1980-81 custom forged (again maybe?).

I'll go with early 80s.
Wilson's "Fluid Feel" is their bore-through irons' imprint.
They aren't worth anything but they're good blades.

Awesome, thanks for the help and info guys!

The X31 irons came out in the 60's.  I had a set of the newer model in 1973, and they had been out for awhile then.  They had

the X31 woods to go with the set which were laminated, painted black and came with the old green grips.  The model you are showing is probably one of the very first ones to come out, the ones that I had, had the clear plastic insert with X31 logo in side of it.  The were good blades and played like the wilson staff.  Hope this helps you out......Rikoshay