IGNORED

What's your other time/money pit hobby?

CosmosMpower
Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine is autocross/solo 2. Basically 1 at a time competitive timed racing usually on a large parking lot or airfield. The course is marked by orange construction cones and the idea is to get through the course as fast as possible without knocking over any cones (2 second penalty for each one knocked over). It's a great way to learn the limits of your car and practice car control skills in a safe environment and is very competitive (think 1/1000ths of a second difference over 110 total second combined 2 day run times) and expensive at the top levels. It concentrates more on precise handling and driver skill than raw power. You can participate in all sorts of cars from a 10 year old Ford Focus to a $90,000 Porsche GT3.

I drive an 06 Lotus Elise in a class that races against the GT3, Z06 corvettes, Viper etc.

My car in grid and me driving on course

And a video so you can see what it's like from in car. Enjoy.

http://www.vimeo.com/977626

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty kickazz car...
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

That's a pretty kickazz car...

Thanks, I'm a car nut with a golf problem not the other way around

If I could equate my driving to golf I would be a "scratch" autocrosser. Unfortunately my golf game is terrible but I still love it.

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

How much are those Lotuses?

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

shotgun target sports - trap, skeet, sporting clays, and helice; though more and more of my free time is steered toward golf much to the protest of squad mates.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

How much are those Lotuses?

If I got a dollar for every time I was asked that question or, does it have a V10, is it a Ferrari/corvette, did you build it yourself, how come the doors don't open upwards etc?

Mine was optioned at $52K and change, people are often shocked at how affordable it is. But hell it has manual steering, the a/c sucks, it's loud, rough has no cupholders or any luxury ammenities and is basically terrible at everything except being the most ridiculously fun to drive/best handling sports car this side of a Carerra GT price tag. The philosophy is performance through less weight, it weighs 1,900 pounds in race trim less than HALF of a Chevy Suburban (or 13,956 Proforce V2 65 gram shafts in golf terms) www.lotuscars.com

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

If I got a dollar for every time I was asked that question or, does it have a V10, is it a Ferrari/corvette, did you build it yourself, how come the doors don't open upwards etc?

Wow. They are reasonable for the look. I am sure they perform as well being lightweight and small. They resemble Italian exotics and you can get one for 46k. Pretty nice.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Wow. They are reasonable for the look. I am sure they perform as well being lightweight and small. They resemble Italian exotics and you can get one for 46k. Pretty nice.

Close but it's British

Mine is essentially now the "base model" there is a supercharged Elise now as well as the Exige model which adds some body work and a wing to give increased downforce and road handling at high speeds on a track. You can also get a supercharger on the Exige model that puts it in near supercar territory. So the range is basically 46K with no options on an Elise to around 80K plus for an Exige S240. A very good value if you want a die hard track car with no frills.

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

My 2nd money pit is definately wine. 2500 bottles or so and counting. It is far worse than golf.

Holy crap, that's impressive. Do you ever crack them open and drink them or just collect and drink the more common stuff on a regular basis?

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Holy crap, that's impressive. Do you ever crack them open and drink them or just collect and drink the more common stuff on a regular basis?

Have a glass every night with dinner.

Besides my wife and daughter....

It's gotta be my Bronco (and my wifey's)

Mine's the 76 on the left, hers is the 68 on the right. They're both under construction now. Mine's going back to stock (sorta), hers is getting all of the beefy parts from mine, plus a whole lot more.

The tenative plan for mine is to replace all the bent and rusted sheetmetal, build a nice 408, put in a 4R70W transmission, add A/C, and go back to uncut w/ hubcaps (I love that look)

Hers is going to be a trail monster, that's still street legal - It's getting my built axles (Dana 44 front, 9" rear: Detroits, alloy shafts, CTM joints, Dedenbear knuckles), PSC steering, the 302 out of mine (I'm adding SEFI), it's got a NP435 transmission, and a Dana 20 transfer case until I can afford an Atlas. I'm narrowing the body, and adding 12" of wheelbase to add stability. It will sit low, but flex like mad (long radius arms in front, 4 link rear, Fox shocks, Deaver coil springs)

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

My car in grid and me driving on course

Great video!

Golf is my only money pit right now. I was getting into white tale deer hunting in the winter but I have lost interest (don't have enough money with a son and another on the way) for now.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

golf has always been my original love .. been playing for 20 years now ..

but recently:

bass guitar.

woodworking (my garage shop)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

golf has always been my original love .. been playing for 20 years now ..

Great looking shop, I'm envious of all the room you have in there for all the tools and equipment. With the workbench and vise you could probably get into clubmaking pretty easily too.

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

yeah, I can do my own clubmaking in there. I've reshafted and regripped some of my own clubs in there before.

I want to get into bass guitar making at one point :)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Snowmobiling. My family has had snowmobiles since the late '70s and I pretty much grew up around snowmobiles.
For most of my life its been my #1 passion, but with gas prices being what that are, I think my snowmobiling days may be coming to an end.
When you have to drive 4 hours just to find ridable snow, that gets real expensive, real quick. Not to mention the fact that nowdays you will spend about $8,000 for a decent snowmobile and dont forget that you will need a truck to haul it (theres another $25,000-$35,000), not to mention gas, oil and repair parts. Yeah, snowmobiling isnt what you would call an, "inexpensive hobby". It a lot of fun though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Snowmobiling.

I'm also into snowmobiling. The mountains are a lot closer here so no 4 hour drives but the gas mileage on the sleds themselves isn't the best

But nothing like falling in to powder that you can't walk in. I don't know how many times I have had to crawl to my sled.

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!