IGNORED

Team USA Ryder Cup Selections

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok... so the top 8 auto picks are as follows...

1 Phil MICKELSON 5342.500
2 Stewart CINK 4952.665
3 Kenny PERRY 4480.700
4 Jim FURYK 4423.892
5 Anthony KIM 4035.296
6 Justin LEONARD 3379.274
7 Ben CURTIS 3120.061
8 Boo WEEKLEY 2785.095

from there Zinger gets four picks... who should it be?
here's the standings for the top 20... others obviously may be chosen
9 Steve STRICKER 2663.568
10 Woody AUSTIN 2422.983
11 D.J. TRAHAN 2372.566
12 Hunter MAHAN 2304.517
13 Sean O'HAIR 2282.822
14 Rocco MEDIATE 2273.660
15 Brandt SNEDEKER 2248.887
16 Zach JOHNSON 2184.508
17 J.B. HOLMES 2126.047
18 Jeff QUINNEY 2024.187
19 Bart BRYANT 1900.257
20 Chad CAMPBELL 1827.429

my thoughts are that youth is important... I want a team that we can work with for years to come. I also want to win NOW... so there needs to be some experience as well.

I would choose...
1) Steve Stricker
2) Rocco Mediate
3) Brandt Snedeker
4) Hunter Mahan or Sean O'Hair or even Zach Johnson

for the record... I'm not at all happy about Ben Curtis making the team. I can't stand the way he wears football gear on the golf course (at least at the Ryder Cup he wouldn't). He looks like he should be at a bar watching football rather than playing golf.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

You would still pick Hunter Mahan, even after his comments on the subject?
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

You would still pick Hunter Mahan, even after his comments on the subject?

I think the media is out of hand the way they blow everything up... but, if I were a captain I would certainly make sure it was something he wanted and make sure I thought he would bring his A game and his A attitude. I think that he is the best of those three as far as his game fitting with other players, etc. Zach would probably be my number 2 for the 4th slot as I think he and Furyk would be a good pairing... they both play a short but accurate game.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I think the media is out of hand the way they blow everything up... but, if I were a captain I would certainly make sure it was something he wanted and make sure I thought he would bring his A game and his A attitude. I think that he is the best of those three as far as his game fitting with other players, etc. Zach would probably be my number 2 for the 4th slot as I think he and Furyk would be a good pairing... they both play a short but accurate game.

Whether it was blown out of hand or not is probably for anther discussion. But regardless, he said that he thought that Ryder cuppers were treated like slaves. That doesn't sund, to me, like someone who really wants to represent his team in the cup.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Wait, you don't like Ben Curtis because he wears football logos on his clothes? Give me a freakin break.

My picks:
Woody Austin
Brandt Snedeker
Steve Stricker
Zach Johnson
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

Wait, you don't like Ben Curtis because he wears football logos on his clothes? Give me a freakin break.

Haha. Exacty what I was thinking.

1. Mediate 2. Stricker 3. Snedeker 4. Johnson

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I know it's a stupid reason, but it just drives me crazy. I dislike professional football to begin with... most die hard fans (I'm stereotyping) never so much as go outside let alone play any sports. They are more concerned with drinking beer and tailgating than the game itself. The 16 game season is just rediculous and the players are obnoxious. Most are way too cocky and full of themselves. I just don't like pro football and as a result find Ben Curtis and his little football outfits to be annoying.

Football is one of those sports where it seems like anyone who used to play in high school does not play any sport any longer, but rather relives their glory days in football through their children and through alcohol consumption every Sunday in the fall. I'm sorry... I'm way off topic here... ignore my rambling

Ben Curtis is awesome. Who cares what he wears, Tiger took golf apparel a step forward by making the collarless mock popular. Curtis is a class act and a great player, and represents America well.

So I guess no DL3? Guy is one of my favorites.

I'm not at all happy about Ben Curtis making the team. I can't stand the way he wears football gear on the golf course (at least at the Ryder Cup he wouldn't). He looks like he should be at a bar watching football rather than playing golf.

Just curious. Did you hate Payne Stewart as well?

Just curious. Did you hate Payne Stewart as well?

No... but I didn't follow golf much until the end of his career, and I wasn't as anti-football back then.

now back to topic... picks for 2008 Rydey Cup and why you would pick them.

No... but I didn't follow golf much until the end of his career, and I wasn't as anti-football back then.

Fair enough.

Not sure yet, but if Rocco can play relatively well in the final 2 tourneys before the Sept. 2nd deadline, I would take him because I think is the kind of attitude that would benefit the team. I think he approaches the Ryder Cup like the Euros do. I would not pick Woody Austin because of his perpetually negative attitude, and I would not pick Zach Johnson because I don't think he has played well this year. J.B. Holmes is out because I think his slow play would throw off any of his partners in the team competitions. Although this year hasn't been as good as the last 2 for Steve Stricker, I think he is a solid pick unless he just collapses at the Barclays and the Deutsche Bank. Snedecker and Mahan if they play well in the upcoming weeks. But I would wait until Sept. 2nd and take whoever is hottest over the past several weeks.

I would not pick Zach Johnson because I don't think he has played well this year.

I agree Zach has been a little off this year, but I like the way he played last time and I can see him being in the mix for years to come... is that enough, I don't know. I'm on the fence between him, Mahan and O'Hair.

J.B. Holmes is out because I think his slow play would throw off any of his partners in the team competitions.

couldn't agree more... watching him at the FDR was painfull... he is also on my "players that annoy me" list.

But I would wait until Sept. 2nd and take whoever is hottest over the past several weeks.

good point... a strong showing in the comming weeks could certainly effect the players I would consider. Even DL3 or Toms could make my team if they placed top 10 for 3 straight or won 2 or some such feat.

Let me start off by saying that I am really excited about the 8 automatic entries. I really feel like each of those players will really be able to serve a different role.

As for Zinger's picks, Im gonna mix it up just a touch:

J.B. Holmes- This guy can bomb it and there is nothing at Valhalla to stop him from doing just that.

Steve Stricker- a relatively unemotional player who can get the ball in the hole as well as anyone out there. A real grinder who won't give up until the last putt drops.

Sean O'Hair- Another grinder who can lay a beating on the golf ball.

Woody Austin- C'mon, how could you go wrong with Woody?

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Yeah BENNY THE C!!!! WAY TO GO MAN!

He's not going to suprise anyone anymore, but what a nice guy - he deserves this.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Those are my picks. Except, replace Johnson with Rocco.

1. Austin 2. Snedeker 3. Stricker 4. Mediate As far as Ben Curtis wearing the NFL teams, I think the concept is really really stupid. However, I don't hate him for it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
As far as Ben Curtis wearing the NFL teams, I think the concept is really really stupid. However, I don't hate him for it.

You do realize he's paid to wear those, right? The NFL is one of his biggest sponsors.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You do realize he's paid to wear those, right? The NFL is one of his biggest sponsors.

Oh, I know he is. I just think the idea of him wearing it to play golf in sucks and it looks stupid. But I don't "hate" him because he wears it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Stricker
Austin/Holmes (can't decide between these two)
Mediate
Snedeker

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!