IGNORED

Did I get ripped off? Fake Callaway 25th Anniversary FT-i Driver?

jonanator
Note: This thread is 5542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But really, let's get to the important stuff..... How's she hit?

It's pretty much winter here in Canada, so I only hit it in a golf dome. The dome is pretty small so can't really tell the distance. To be honest, the club is "ok", but you can tell something is definitely "off" about it. It just doesn't quite feel right. I have hit real FT-i drivers before and it is not in the very least comparable. I knew something was wrong after the first couple hits. Firstly, the sound is horrid. Real FT-i drivers are pretty loud, but this fake driver just sounds bad, hard to describe, but it is somewhat like a loud thud rather than a crisp ping. I hope I get my money back, cause I am not pleased... For $200, I rather keep the money in my pocket and use my Big Bertha.... Serves me right for not taking a closer look. If the guy doesn't call me back, I guess I can wait outside his work lol

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Obviously it is a fake, but there are several things (apart from the obvious mispelling) that look incorrect.
1. The font for the word "NEUTRAL" is incorrect
2. The Serial number is normally written in a straight line and not curved as in the photos

I hope you get your money back

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Those pics aren't much help in terms of analyzing fit and finish. Turn off the flash and use the macro feature. The button often looks like this:

Yeah, the anniversart is, like they clone r7 and call them like q7 and stuff like that, i saw a burner clone, called the "flamer"

I had the same situation with a TM product that I bought off ebay. Lucky for me the guy I bought it from was a very nice person and had no trouble getting my money back. Thats why I do like ebay though, if you do get a fake or there is a problem you can get your money back. Hope you get something worked out.

Yeah, the anniversart is, like they clone r7 and call them like q7 and stuff like that, i saw a burner clone, called the "flamer"

O, the good old flamer, along with the bling g2, and the snakebite baffler. Another gie away was that there was no aming graphic on the crown of the club head

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Another gie away was that there was no aming graphic on the crown of the club head

I saw an aiming graphic, but with the pictures it's really faint... That sucks he's not returning calls or anything, but if you have his info... maybe a police report with something along the lines of misrepresentation/scamming would be in order. I'm not sure how it works in Canada, but if you talk to a lawyer or your police, I'm sure there's a statute somewhere that would apply... You could also take him to civil court...

That sucks man. I hope the guy calls you back and you get your money back. Hopefully you'll be a little more careful when getting clubs. The misspelled "Anniversary" should've been a dead giveaway. I'm surprised you missed something like that. Good luck to you though!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I saw an aiming graphic, but with the pictures it's really faint... That sucks he's not returning calls or anything, but if you have his info... maybe a police report with something along the lines of misrepresentation/scamming would be in order. I'm not sure how it works in Canada, but if you talk to a lawyer or your police, I'm sure there's a statute somewhere that would apply... You could also take him to civil court...

Did a little looking, remember I'm not a lawyer in Canada... but this sounds like it might have something you can do...

It's awfully wordy, but I skimmed it and I'll highlight some good areas, that might help... http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlig...818/whole.html "Examination of goods by buyer 34(1) When goods that a buyer has not previously examined are delivered to the buyer, the buyer shall not deemed have accepted them unless and until the buyer has had a reasonable opportunity of examining them for the purpose of ascertaining whether they are in conformity with the contract. (2) Unless otherwise agreed, when the seller tenders delivery of goods to the buyer, the seller is bound on request to afford the buyer a reasonable opportunity of examining the goods for the purpose of ascertaining whether they are in conformity with the contract. RSA 1980 cS‑2 s35" "Return of rejected goods 36 Unless otherwise agreed, when goods are delivered to the buyer and the buyer having the right to do so, refuses to accept them, the buyer is not bound to return them to the seller but it is sufficient if the buyer intimates to the seller that the buyer refuses to accept them. RSA 1980 cS‑2 s37 Liability of buyer for refusing delivery of goods 37(1) When the seller is ready and willing to deliver the goods and requests the buyer to take delivery and the buyer does not within a reasonable time after the request take delivery of the goods, the buyer is liable to the seller for any loss occasioned by the buyer’s neglect or refusal to take delivery, and also for a reasonable charge for the care and custody of the goods. (2) Nothing in this section affects the rights of the seller when the neglect or refusal of the buyer to take delivery amounts to a repudiation of the contract. RSA 1980 cS‑2 s38" Again I'd talk to a lawyer if you feel so inclined...

I am pretty positive that it is a fake as well my friend after comparing it with real pictures the way that the neutral bias is stamped on it is all spaced out and it is lower on the head than it should be. I am sorry that this happened to you. You must feel dumb now but these kinds of things happen to unsuspecting people.

In My Bag:

Driver - Tour Burner TP w/ Diamana Whiteboard 65g Stiff
3 Wood - Sumo 2 13* Stiff
5 Wood - HiBore 19* Gold StiffIrons - Tour Burner Irons 4-Aw StiffWedge - CG12 56, X-Forged 64Putters - Seemore FGP

Caveat Emptor.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

If he did it knowingly and doesn't want to give you your money back, make sure you put his name out there so someone else doesn't get taken.

Driver: 907D2 10.5°
3Wood: 906F 15°
Hybrid: 585H 21°
Irons: 660 (4-P)
Wedges: Black SM52°, SM56°, SM60°Putter: Studio Select NP2Balls: ProV1/V1xRangefinder: Pinseeker 1500 TEGPS: SG5

• 3 months later...
I have a 25th anniversary Callaway FT-1 and yours is definitely a copy. I have the Neutral with the 586 speeder shaft. It is a 9.5 loft. Stamped on the hosel is 25 of 700. My shaft is a light gray. The dead giveaway obviously is the Anniversart stamped on the shaft. I will post pictures of my club once I'm able to do so on this forum. I need a few more posts under my belt. Hope you were able to resolve this with the guy you bought it from

Note: This thread is 5542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!