IGNORED

Wedgie Madness

Note: This thread is 5434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I finally got to try some wedges. I tried the 588 54*, vokey 60* and a Wilson TW9 58*. This was the first time I have ever hit a 60 and man that is some cool stuff. My biggest issue with using my TA7 D wedge to chip is that I am worried about hitting it too hard so I tend to stub it. With the 60 I could crank it and have no worry about the ball going to far. The harder I hit the ball higher it went vs flying over the green. The 54 wasn't any different than my D wedge as far as play goes but the form factor is totally different and the 58 seemed like the perfect wedge. I was able to get what I wanted from the fringe and out about 70 - 75 feet. So I purchased the 58* but I might add a 60 just because it is such fun to hit ;) From the test I could not tell a difference in feel from one club to the next. The Vokey seemed to give me more spin but that may be because of the extra loft. I did notice the TW9 really chewed by ball up but I didn't see the extra spin for the damage done. I don't know what to attribute that too?

Note: This thread is 5434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!