IGNORED

Sure starting to suck playing alone

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 5322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i see your in texas.. it may be a long stretch, but if you happen to be in the houston area.. particualry cypress area, ill play a round or two with you.

Thanks for the offer! Actually, my dad and brother are in houston, while I'm up alone in Austin. But if you're ever in the area and want a hitting partner feel free to pm me.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Thanks for the offer! Actually, my dad and brother are in houston, while I'm up alone in Austin. But if you're ever in the area and want a hitting partner feel free to pm me.

ha well my brother lives in austin, so i may be up there a time or two. what part of houston do your dad and brother live in?

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

obviously this only helps people living in and around Charlotte, but it is interesting and I have played with several people on the site...

http://www.pickup18.com/

this is more general and covers the entire US, but I have never used it personally...

http://www.mygolfbuddy.com/home.aspx
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Golf is one of the only sports you practice in a different setting (driving range and practice areas) than the one you play it in (course). You have to consider playing alone as the opportunity to practice on the course in "real" circumstances. Real bad lies, real bunkers, real greens, real tee-offs, real rough, ...

So when I play alone I :

1. put on some music, just loud enough to still hear the "FORE"'s (Pink Floyd usually does it for me) Activate the desired brainwaves...

2. put different balls into play, one I tee off and putt with, and then others I just drop at some interesting points along the hole (say every time at a 100 yards from center green to practice my approach with SW, a deep greenside bunker, a difficult to read putt, ...) to test myself and practice, and then pick the ball up again. I'll also drop a second ball if I didn't hit my first ball like I visualized it.

3. pay attention not to slow play and make the flight behind me wait. Then I'll just speed up for a hole, create a little gap, and off I am again.

4. take deep breaths to enjoy not being in the office

5. have a delicious beer afterwards

Gilles

In my ⬠49.95 bag :

Driver : Euhm... not there yet, but hopefully getting closer
Woods : Superfast Burner 3 Wood 15°
i4-PW : CG GoldGW : 252.08SW : CG12 56°Putter : Rossa Suzuka 35"Balls : Gold FX Long

My Club is 20K to join

Do you mean $2000 or $20,000?

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Mens league would be cool, but the courses around here dont have any!

Hard to believe...

There is one at an executive course but the median age is like 60.

Well, that's not hard to believe... Florida and all... lol!

Maybe a call or email to the Florida State Golf Association could get a list of public courses in your area that have men's clubs. http://www.fsga.org/ good luck!

I can relate to what you are going through.

I work rotating shifts and play virtually all of my golf during the weekdays. Most of the regular groups that I play in are guys from work who have the same schedule as I do. I'll play with them 80% of my rounds and solo the rest. The solo time is good to work on stuff and generate stats, etc. (I'll be adding an iphone to the arsenal soon so I can take advantage of the cool new Golflogix for smartphones....solo golf will provide time to fiddle with it.)

Later next month my schedule will change and I'll be rotating with a different group of folks. At this point there are no known golfers in the group.....arghhhh!!!!!!

To compound the matter, I'm most likely changing my home course. I'll ask about a mens league and see what happens. I imagine I'll get the flow of things fairly soon there and find some folks to golf with. It's a very busy course. Perhaps the pro can make some suggestions of simularly skilled (if I dare use that term to describe my game) players with open spots.

Hopefully your father will feel better soon and you guys can tee it up. I know those are the most satisfying of all my golf rounds...golfing with Dad. His passion for the game is tremendous and he really appreciates all aspects of golf and never sulks about poor play but thrives on the quality shots throughout the round.

Good luck partner....things will smooth out. There should be 14 step programs for us golfers.....sit around and drink coffee and discuss the evil addiction.....and then go out and tee it up together.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Sorry you feel that way but you should take these opportunities to actually work on your game. Assuming the course is empty or you are not holding anyone up, drop a few balls, practice various shots with the same club or one type of shot with various clubs. Also, this is a good time to learn your distances and learn more about the clubs in your bag: do you really need a gap wedge, two hybrids, etc.

Try to make the most of your situation and don't stop playing.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I don't mind playing alone ... it is lonely ... but I can work on my game by hitting multiple balls.

I don't really notice if I play better or worse when I'm alone or not.

Sometimes I get paired up with some good players so I like watching them. Other times I get paired up with jack*sses so it's annoying.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

So Ive been playing solo, pretty much all summer... None of my friends golf and my dad is getting old and there is always something sore, or hes got something to do....

How about searching this site for other golfers in the Tampa area?

I find it is easier to focus when playing alone. But its not as fun.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!