IGNORED

Cosmetic Question

Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys and gals,
I have Nike Forged Blade irons and have had them for a few years. All of a sudden, the black paint for the nike swoosh on the back of the club head is coming off. There is still and indentation where it used to be, but it is silver to mach the rest of the club. I have tried a number of different paints and markers to fill the spot in, but everything wears off fairly quickly. Has anyone ever had experience touching up worn lettering or something similar? I could really use some help to try and fix the problem. Thanks for the help.

I read in a thread here somewhere that a high quality paint used for model airplanes and cars works well - something you can get in a hobby shop. Never tried it though

Yeah, go to a hobby shop and get a quality paint. I've had good luck w/the Tamiya paints (rumor has it this is the same paint used by Scotty Cameron and others, not sure if I buy that though). Be sure to prep the area well before painting. Clean it real good with alcohol or, better yet, acetone (fingernail polish remover) and let it sit until thoroughly dry (5-10 minutes). Fill the impression with paint and let dry. Go back later w/more acetone on a cloth and clean up any excess. If you really want to do a great job, get a #2 needle applicator as well.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I use model paint and apply it with a toothpick... works nicely. I've got the same irons and don't worry about spilling paint on them... just fill the swoosh and later take the toothpick and scratch off the excess paint from the back of the blade.

In the Bag (right now)...

Cleveland Tour Issue 310UL* - Miyazaki Kusala Blue 83X

Taylormade R9 TP Tour Issue 13* - Diamana Blue 63X

Taylormade TP Hybrid 17* - Matrix Altus 80X

Taylormade TP Hybrid 19* - Matrix Altus 80X

Nike Forged Blades - 4-W - ProjectX 6.5

Nike VR Black V-Rev 52*, 58*

Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

Taylormade Penta TP3 ball

My paintfill is starting to wear out too, i think on my 7 iron the back reads f g ed. Good to know about the model paint in case i ever want to refill the gaps.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Cool tips. The black paint from the engraved Titleist logo on my irons has chipped away over the years. Nothing vital, I'm just picky about the way my stuff looks. Glad I can admit that here and not get mocked hahah

Anyone who has used the Tamiya Black, would you recommend the flat black or the semi-gloss?

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!