IGNORED

What's up with Cleveland?

PutterHead
Note: This thread is 6344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe i'm out of the loop here, but I was @ Golf Town and picked up a Launcher Comp for my son for $198 . The sales guy told me that their irons (not sure which ones) were also discounted $300, PLUS you get a free Hi-bore driver with them. He also said that the company that owns Cleveland (i've never heard of them, they apparently make lower end stuff) has also released 40+ tour staff (Vijay). He said VJ used the Hi-bore for a month & went back to the launcher. Interesting stuff, if true...

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

so he is saying that vijay is no longer with cleveland?? you might want to ask him where he gets his information from.. I think he's blowing smoke up your a$$..

just my $0.02

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Maybe i'm out of the loop here, but I was @ Golf Town and picked up a Launcher Comp for my son for

Putterhead,

Vijay is still with Cleveland and will be until he decides not to. However, the have decided to significantly reduce their Tour staff to save money. No contracts were renwed including David Toms who recently signed with TaylorMade from what I have heard and should debut his new sticks at this weeks Target World Challenge. Vijay did vacillate between the Hi-Bore and his Launcher Comp for quite a bit of the year. He had it in the bag for his win at the Barclay's Classic, but hit it twice in four rounds. However, he has been pretty happy with the new Hi-Bore XL he played at the Tour Championship.

Thanks Gas_Can...

I had Vijay in parenthesis because the sales guy wasn't sure if VJ was part of the contract dumping. It looks like a bunch of things all happening at the same time are going against Cleveland. The HiBore reviews are all over the place from great to terrible, their wedges aren't even mentioned in most magazine reviews, so sales i'm assuming must be taking a bit of a kicking. I think the CG10's are great, and i almost bought a launcher when they were $500+. Well, at least I got a great deal on a Comp Launcher for my son's birthday in March.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Personally I have no idea. I just recieved a free hibore when my dad was fitted for some cg4 tours. I didn't think vijay would be able to play the club. I thought the club was 520cc's. (well, I've read that it's a 520chassis with actually displacement in the 300 range, but I don't know how it's measured.) I'm curious as to whether or not it's a legal club.

Cleveland Hibore 9.5/Aldila NV65-S
Titleist 755/X100/Winn Excel Avs (have yet to play the irons. Christmas gift I was just fitted for.)
Nike T130

the hibore is legal..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Good deal. I guess it's measured on the inside. I don't know too much about clubs, I just know what I've been told by the guy who fits me and I know of what I've hit, what I like and don't like. Thanks for the info.

Cleveland Hibore 9.5/Aldila NV65-S
Titleist 755/X100/Winn Excel Avs (have yet to play the irons. Christmas gift I was just fitted for.)
Nike T130

i went to a demo day. and i was talking with a guy from cleveland, and asked him about vijay and his drivers. and it turns out this guy built vijays latest driver. he said as of now, vijay is playing a hibore, 9.5 loft, 4 degrees open, and a XXX flex shaft

adam

• 2 weeks later...
I was speaking w a local shop owner yesterday and he said that Cleveland had a tough year. The reason for the discounts however is that Cleveland is making a Cleveland Canada to do their distributing in Canada. So the old supplier is dumping their stock off cheaper before Cleveland gets the new system put into place. The stuff is intended to be high end and is not low end what so ever. The hibore just didn't fly and then there year went tough.

As for dispatching tour presence, I don't think they would do that because tour presence is their life blood... but ya never know I guess.

Note: This thread is 6344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!