IGNORED

Inexpensive Club Options

Note: This thread is 4753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know what part of Nebraska you live in, but if you could tell me the part of the state I might be able to make a suggestion.  In some of the less populated areas of the state buying clubs through the local  public golf course, often 9 holes is practical.  If you know your basic distances say six iron pw driver and 3w you can make a good guess on shaft.  Buy a set that looks good to you and if needed have adjustments if needed to lie made.  It would help to know your goals, signifiant improvement or just enough to enjoy it more?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Originally Posted by Suge206

I would get the Wilson Staff Di9 irons.  I've seen them for as low as $199 on sale and they are nice and you have to trust that they are made to the same standards as the other guys.  I'm often tempted to grab a set.

This is not a bad suggestion, as I suggested you could probably have the lie checked locally and adjusted if needed cheaply.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Originally Posted by allin

I don't know what part of Nebraska you live in, but if you could tell me the part of the state I might be able to make a suggestion.  In some of the less populated areas of the state buying clubs through the local  public golf course, often 9 holes is practical.  If you know your basic distances say six iron pw driver and 3w you can make a good guess on shaft.  Buy a set that looks good to you and if needed have adjustments if needed to lie made.  It would help to know your goals, signifiant improvement or just enough to enjoy it more?

Nelson is the name of the town I live in. It's a village of about 500 people. I'm a member of the Country Club, and I know for a fact that we don't have a pro shop. There is a community south of there about 15 miles (the town where my job is) that I think might have a pro shop, or something close to it.

Hastings, about 50 miles north of me and the only place with an actual population, has a pro shop, but I hardly ever make it up there.

If you got any suggestions, I'm willing to hear them.

I've been golfing for about 15 years, but the last few years have been very sporadic. Late last summer I started golfing again semi-regularly, and totally have the golfing fever now! I just do it for fun. Some of the clubs in my bag are the some ones I learned on 15 years ago, so it's time for an upgrade.

Driver: taylormade.gifR5 Duel 10.5 loft
Utility Clubs: taylormade.gif Rescue Mid Hybrid 16 loft; benhogan.gif 21 loft
Irons: gigagolf.gif GX922 5-PW
Putter: Northwestern (Yeah, it's old. a2_wink.gif)

If you are the adventurous type, you might consider building a set for yourself.  Yesterday I ordered a couple 7 iron heads and TT shafts from www.golfworks.com as I am thinking of replacing my Callaway X-22's.  In the end, I will be able to build a set of irons 4-PW and GW for right around $200-$250 (4-PW and GW heads, shafts, grips, ferrels, and epxoy).  I'll be able to assemble a few different combinations to see what I liked the best, then go from there.

After the irons, I plan on building a driver, then a fairway or two, and a couple hybrids.

ma0110.jpg

ma0175.jpg

I too like eBay, I just pieced together a set of Taylormade Burner models from ebay for under $250.   I got a pair of Burner LCG irons that were regripped for $90,  A Burner Superfast Driver for $109 and a Rossa Spyder (the new italian named one)  For 40 dollars.  I too am left handed and don't have the skill that requires brand new clubs.. but I love the ones I have.

BTW!  This is my first post,  I'm Josh!

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

If you are the adventurous type, you might consider building a set for yourself.  Yesterday I ordered a couple 7 iron heads and TT shafts from www.golfworks.com as I am thinking of replacing my Callaway X-22's.  In the end, I will be able to build a set of irons 4-PW and GW for right around $200-$250 (4-PW and GW heads, shafts, grips, ferrels, and epxoy).  I'll be able to assemble a few different combinations to see what I liked the best, then go from there.

After the irons, I plan on building a driver, then a fairway or two, and a couple hybrids.

Thanks, I came across Golfworks a few weeks ago. I can see myself using them. I'm not a club maker, but I like that they do do assembly.

Originally Posted by tx_basser

I've been building Acer clubs for years for my self and others, and now I build them for my kids.  Order thru Hireko and they are very reliable.

Yep, I've read up a lot on Hireko. In fact, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on on of their wedges!

Originally Posted by Angera

Thanks, I came across Golfworks a few weeks ago. I can see myself using them. I'm not a club maker, but I like that they do do assembly.

I'm not a club builder either, but I am a huge tinkerer! I am really wanting to build a set and go all out on the assembly..... FLOed/spine aligned shafts, MOI matched, etc.  Why?  Just 'cause I can.  That's how I tinker.  That, and it's cheaper than building another hot rod!

Thanks everyone! Again, I kinda already knew most of this stuff, but it's making much more confident reading all of the suggestions. I'm excited about playing with different clubs then the ones I've had for over a decade!

I see myself doing a mix of things. I've already bought a couple of name-brand hybrids from Callaway's Pre-Owned shop (ironically, neither were Callaway clubs ). And I also think I'm going to complete the GigaGolf iron set. I love the iron I bought from them-- it just feels so good! And I'm thinking about a wedge I saw on the Hireko website.

I'm still looking for another hybrid (about an 18 or 19 degree). I found a name-brand one on the 3ballsgolf website I like, I just need to be a man a pull the trigger!

Note: This thread is 4753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!