• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not too sure about this T Rex...

2 posts in this topic

Check it out,

Talks about a billionaire in Australia adding a T Rex that moves to a golf course, situated between the 9th and 10th holes.  Kinda weird, I think I would find it a little too distracting, especially since it sometimes roars.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

They should put a big windmill on #18

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.
      By RandallT · Posted
      Up in the search box now, you can drop down where you want to search.  You can do the whole site, just that topic, or even that forum area. I like that it is combined now.
    • Gun Laws
      By saevel25 · Posted
      Because some of them are so F'd up in the head they shouldn't have weapons on them. It's not a knock on all veterans, but the ones that might think they are still at war. Until we do a better job understanding and treating PTSD and other mental damage done to our veterans those who are deemed to dangerous to themselves and others should not be allowed to own a weapon. The primary avenue for veterans to commit suicide is by firearms. 

This goes into making sure everyone who has a gun has been tested to see if they are a danger to themselves or other people. If they are then they should not be allowed to own a weapon. 
      This is a stupid idea. You want to have political suicide then you support this idea. First, no democrat would want this because it supports gun use and expand the military. Second no person who hates government involvement and expansion in our lives would support this. A good amount of republicans to libertarians would not support this. Also, what if you have an accidental discharge of a weapon that kills a kid you are f'd. It will happen. A kid will get killed by an armed guard at some point. Then all hell will break lose and people would wonder why this was a good idea at all. If you want a way to kill even more support for those in the military go ahead with this idea.  Also, do you want to create anxiety at school? Honestly do you want to get kids used to having a totalitarian/dictator type concept of having military guards located in your public places? This sounds like something straight out of North Korea.  

I don't mind expanding the concept of civil service or working for the national guard. In the end we should not be putting armed forces in our schools. One of the more stupid ideas to come across this form lately. 

• TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.
      By Patch · Posted
      Perhaps I am just missing it, but the old platform had a "search this thread" button I could use to see if I had posted something previously on a topic. I don't see this on the new version. I am not one to repeat what I, and others have already posted.  
    • What is your target score?
      By Gunther · Posted
      I target 79 but I'm content with an 82.  Looking at my last 20, 4 rounds under 80 and 11 under 83.  Interesting that 7 rounds are between 80 and 82.  Guess you are what you are.
    • Buying Rental Clubs
      By Justin Harrow · Posted
      Long story short: at the end of a "season" depending on what that is defined as, do golf courses sell their rental clubs?   Long story long: i am fortunate enough to be able to play both in NY and in Florida.  Now i am not good by any stretch of the imagination but i really enjoy the game and more importantly spending time with my dad.  Currently I have a set up callaway X20s in NY (prob 3-4 years old) and a pair of old yonex blades that were hand me downs and are probably 20 years old.  I used to like these Yonex clubs because they are graphite shafts and i hit the ball further, but as of late my swing has gotten worse and i do not have time to practice so ive decided its time to upgrade that set.  What that means, is buying a new set for use in NY (i play about 70% of my rounds in NY) and then bring the callaway set down to florida.  I was recently down in Florida and one of the courses i played i noticed had Taylormade RSi1 irons as their rental clubs.  I rented these clubs once or twice last year when was on vacation elsewhere and absolutely loved these clubs.  So i was wondering, at the end of the year/season what do golf courses do with their rentals?  I would love to get a good deal on a set of the RSi1 irons.  Is it a bad idea to buy used/rental clubs?   Thanks 
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries