IGNORED

Spalding Cash-In putter (Golf Guru's help!)

Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to the local Goodwill today just to look around, and saw a Spalding Cash in Special putter... At first glance it looked like a straight up putt-putt putter, but with farther evaluation, I noticed the grip was extraordinarily long, and it looked tone in great condition! Bought if for $1.50... So on to the help... History with this putter? Could a timeframe be distributed to this putter? With some quick research it looks like it came into production in the 30's, and lasted 50 years... Any chance to tell this specific putters estimated year? With a 50 year range, this putter had to be successful... Any confirmation on that? What do you believe this putters worth is? Will provide more pictures if asked!

• 9 months later...
History with this putter?

Could a timeframe be distributed to this putter? With some quick research it looks like it came into production in the 30's, and lasted 50 years... Any chance to tell this specific putters estimated year?

With a 50 year range, this putter had to be successful... Any confirmation on that?

What do you believe this putters worth is?

Based on the picture, my guess it is one of the newer models  - more toward the 1970s than the 30s or 40s. I base that on the fact that early models had patent numbers on them. Those tend to be the more collectible versions. Also, the Cash In had many variants, both in design and material. I would liken it to Acushnet and "Bullseye" putters - it was more a category of putter than a specific model.

A few other pictures might help folks identify it. The grip, if original, can be an indicator and also the ferrule, but I wouldn't get too hopeful that you have found buried treasure. As you note, they were a pretty popular and long running model so there are still a lot out there.

Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!