• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So is this what you'd call snow burners?

1 post in this topic

Heh heh, top left and right not even 15 yds out. Yeah, could be chips. I'm not going out in the cold to hit chips though. [IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/92030/width/640/height/1000[/IMG]

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Gun Laws
      By Jeremie Boop · Posted
      In all honesty, I think the gunshow loophole needs addressed. And I don't see it as increasing restrictions, just addressing a flaw in the system. Considering they are opening a booth with the express purpose of selling guns, they should have to do a background check. Since checks don't take all that long these days there's no reason not to really. I could understand why they didn't require them back then, when it could take days to hear back. Since times have changed there's no reason they can't revisit this and rectify it.
    • Gun Laws
      By RussUK · Posted
      While i agree with this in terms of the "modern" uses for firearms, historically they were desgined as a weapon on war by the Chinese in the 13th Century AD. During this period bows were used for hunting. Its only reletivly recently, with the advent of rifled barrells, that firearms started being used for hunting and sport (the old smoothbore weapons were too inaccurate). I agree with your point that there are legitimate reasons for owning them, like the aforementioned hunting, and i think this is one of the problems. I can get a licence here in the uk for a shotgun for use in clay pidgeon shooting, rabbiting and pheasant shoots. What is to stop someone getting one just to use it as a "weapon"? This is where i think laws on buying/owning guns will fall down. How can you tell a farmer he cant own a shotgun just in case he goes postal and goes on a spree? Its happend here in the uk in recent years with a taxi driver who went round shooting people with a shotgun and rifle he owned legally and of course Raul Moat did the same (however with an illigal sniper rifle).   As a Brit, im happy we have strict gun laws. If the police are tooled up then the criminals have to do the same. its would be a never ending arms race  
    • Jason Dufner - I'm better looking in real life than that plaque. Really.
      By nevets88 · Posted
      Looks like someone used one of those fix up your photo to look like a Van Gogh apps. Dufner Starry Night. Demon. :-)  
    • Hello from Minneapolis
      By Gator Hazard · Posted
      Welcome Illiniboy, I just started myself, don't focus on all the negatives, it will come with time.  I am a terrible hacker and just had my first lesson, but in a few months of practicing on my own (reading places like this, watching youtube videos of golf instruction on line, etc) I am hitting my clubs farther and straighter.  My focus now is on learning the fundamentals properly, which means getting some instruction, so that I don't ingrain any bad habits. Even bad golf is more fun than no golf, I love it, and one of the things I love the most about it:  Almost everything is still ahead of me, I have nowhere to go but up (well down hopefully, as in number of strokes) and so do you.  It is so exciting to make a good shot, make a good putt, and to string a few good shots together and make a bogey or par.  Take it for what it is and enjoy all of those small successes along the way.  It is a recreational game, something to enjoy and there are so many things about it and where you play it to enjoy. Perspective is everything. Good luck on your journey    
    • Gun Laws
      By Mr. Desmond · Posted
      Well, not all gun purchases require a background check ... "Known as the "gun show loophole," most states do not require background checks for firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals -- federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct checks. Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, federal law clearly defined private sellers as anyone who sold no more than four firearms per year. But the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act lifted that restriction and loosely defined private sellers as people who do not rely on gun sales as the principal way of obtaining their livelihood.  Some states have opted to go further than federal law by requiring background checks at gun shows for any gun transaction, federal license or not. Five states, most recently Colorado and Connecticut, mandate universal background checks, an even more stringent standard that imposes background checks on almost all gun purchases, including over the Internet." http://www.governing.com/gov-data/safety-justice/gun-show-firearms-bankground-checks-state-laws-map.html
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries