IGNORED

Got my Tickets to The Masters at Augusta

ridenemwild
Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Question to those who've been to a major on the days leading up to it. How entertaining is the Monday-Wednesday before the major actually starts. I'm considering taking a trip to Louisville around August and would maybe like to check out Valhalla on one of those days. (PGA Championship)

You get to take pictures, the players and their caddies are relaxed and interact with fans. Many of the players are working with their coaches (depends on what part of the season they're in). I really enjoy practice rounds - would jump at the opportunity -

I got to pick from whatever day I chose and I picked sunday. Other days are more fun but let's be honest Sunday is when history is made. It was a hard choice between Thursday and Sunday just because of the honorary tee off. But practice days would be fun if you are really into the players and coaches and caddies and stuff

Golf Digest has a few good tips for people visiting the area .....you might be disappointed if you've never been to Augusta because the Augusta National is very different in appearance than the rest of the town.  Washington Road outside the front of Augusta National may be one of the biggest eyesore streets that I've seen in a town. But once you get inside, you think you're in another world.

Here's the link to the GD guide:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/golf-masters/2012-04/photos-complete-guide-to-masters#slide=1

Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!