• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What is a smooth transition at the top of the swing?

2 posts in this topic

What does it mean to have a smooth transition at the top of the swing?  Is it desirable?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

it means not to have sudden jerky change. Many golfers sart their downswing before they have finished their backswing. Some people pause at the top,even. The power comes from the downswing but a lot of players don't get that and are in a hurry.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Gun Laws
      By Pretzel · Posted
      Question about this: Aren't you still likely to have a rib broken if you're hit in the chest wearing kevlar from close range? I know kevlar also is very bad at withstanding repeated shots, just because a majority of the protection comes from the tensile strength of the weave that is broken once it's hit by a bullet (it's the reason that vests have to be thrown out if they're shot, because they can't guarantee it will stop another bullet). A center of mass hit means the perpetrator is hurting quite a bit, and likely not as concerned with killing others as he was before he was shot.
    • Gun Laws
      By Braivo · Posted
      Correct. Everyone should read this. This guy is qualified to talk about it and he backs his argument up with statistics. He doesn't speak about things that he doesn't have knowledge of. My opinion: I agree with this article on almost all points. 
    • Gun Laws
      By newtogolf · Posted
      Gun laws throughout the world will be challenged as 3D printing technology improves.  While the government can try to regulate sharing CAD drawings of guns online, it will be virtually impossible to prevent people from "printing" guns in their homes. We keep trying to address mental problems by blaming guns when in reality we need to take action against those who are mentally ill and a threat to others.  Instead of the parents of the OR shooter being upset their son had access to guns why didn't they make sure he received proper care and if they felt he was a danger to others call the cops.  I blame the parents more than I blame the gun. One can get in a big SUV, drive into Manhattan and cause a lot of carnage just running people down on Broadway or at a high school when school lets out, one doesn't need a gun to hurt a lot of people.  Psycho's may think guns are cool and convenient but ultimately someone who is sick enough to want to hurt a lot of people will find a method to do so.
    • 2015 NFL Football Thread
      By phan52 · Posted
      Detroit got screwed by the refs last night and it absolutely cost them a win. I thought it would be reviewable because it was a turnover but, by rule, whether the player batted the ball is considered a subjective decision and subjective decisions made by the refs are not reviewable.
    • Gun Laws
      By iacas · Posted
      Then, so far as I know from when I last read up on this stuff, you're likely unaware of the statistics (or must think they don't apply to you). Good example of the emotional argument, Drew. And one from a movie? C'mon. Do you want Bruce Willis to be the "nut" that saves you from an asteroid? Heck, that involved a nuclear weapon IIRC, too. It's a movie. The truth (as I last read it) is that armed citizens help in situations like that - they avoid serious injury and death at a higher rate - and it's not really even a close margin. There are reasons most states allow the use of lethal force on someone who is committing a felony. I don't care enough about these to read them; some of them may be counter to my point, some of them may be from trash sites, I don't care. I just did a quick search, and these are some of the top hits: http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/02/02/10-stories-that-prove-guns-save-lives-n1503549/page/full
      (that's apparently a whole site about it, so I'm sure it's heavily propagandized, but still…).
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries