or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
The yellow board shaft in my nike sumo driver(not tour version) is impossible to find any specs on. I have the stock 65 gram stiff shaft, but I need to re shaft my driver. It's too whippy for me and I'd like something heavier also. I was complaining about my driver shots being inconsistent and having to "gear it down" to get any type of results at the range today. The local country club pro just happened to be hanging out and asked me to take a couple swings. He said that the torque was too light for my swing right away. I average 275-280 off the tee and hit a few 300+ a round.

Anyways, I've been trying to find out what the specs on this shaft are to find something with a lower torque, but I can't for the life of me find anything on it. Anyone have any idea what the torque and kickpoint are? I suppose I'm happy with the ball flight, but I want something heavier with a lower torque.

I think I'm gonna reshaft my 3 wood while I'm at it. It's twice as flimsy.
post #2 of 8

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

UST ProForce V2-can be had remarkably stout, take a look at the website for specs.
post #3 of 8

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

Originally Posted by anthony View Post
The yellow board shaft in my nike sumo driver(not tour version) is impossible to find any specs on.
There is no such thing as a Diamana Yellow Board shaft.
The sumo comes with a Diamana shaft that has yellow on it.
post #4 of 8

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
There is no such thing as a Diamana Yellow Board shaft.
The sumo comes with a Diamana shaft that has yellow on it.
Witch is called Diamana Yellow Board....
post #5 of 8

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

Originally Posted by CrazyXGolfer View Post
Witch is called Diamana Yellow Board....
Sorry. There is no such thing as a Diamana Yellow Board. The only reference you'll find to it is from people who mistakenly call the shafts on certain Nike clubs "Yellow Board".
Diamana do not make a shaft called a "Yellow Board". They make white, blue and red board shafts.
post #6 of 8

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Sorry. There is no such thing as a Diamana Yellow Board. The only reference you'll find to it is from people who mistakenly call the shafts on certain Nike clubs "Yellow Board".
Diamana do not make a shaft called a "Yellow Board". They make white, blue and red board shafts.
I beg to differ. They made a shaft for nike called "Yellow Board"
This is even what sale people say, who sell these clubs. If this is not correct they would be breaking the law. I know a few guys who work in seperate golf shops and when people enquired about this club that is what they would say.

I guess we can agree to disagree :)
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Diamana do not make a shaft called a "Yellow Board". They make white, blue and red board shafts.
Yeah, that's the problem. From what I can tell, it was made specifically for Nike and that's what retailers are calling it. However, there aren't any specs on this shaft anywhere. It would be nice to have a starting point when shopping for new shafts is the main reason I'm searching for specs.
post #8 of 8

Re: Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?

Originally Posted by anthony View Post
Yeah, that's the problem. From what I can tell, it was made specifically for Nike and that's what retailers are calling it. However, there aren't any specs on this shaft anywhere. It would be nice to have a starting point when shopping for new shafts is the main reason I'm searching for specs.
I used to play this driver aswell and I had to change the stock shaft, I mean I still hit it ok but my stiff played like Reg and I use X shafts so was really really soft :P
Sorry I can;t be more help, I am unsure of any specs of this shaft, all I know is that it plays very soft!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Diamana Yellow Board Shaft specs?