Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Range Play vs Course Play 2 minutes ago
- › LPGA Passes Champions Tour for TV Viewership 11 minutes ago
- › Best & Worst Dressed on LPGA Tour 11 minutes ago
- › Songs With Girls Names In Title... 16 minutes ago
- › Chris Como Named Tiger's New Coach 17 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 29 minutes ago
- › Club's dress code crackdown leads to a violent uprising - Weston CC... 35 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 38 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 44 minutes ago
- › question about dress code 46 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes