Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
Austin Texas based Criquet company makes a really, really cool cotton polo that evades categorization. It's vintage in design, but not so much so that only college kids and corner...
The B330RX is an all around good ball for players with swing speeds shy of 105 it's flight characteristics and distance rival all other high end urethane balls if not passing them in this market. I...
A little background on myself first. I am 6' 1/2" tall, and weight about 205 lbs. I am an avid golfer, by which I mean I play roughly 1-2 rounds a week during the golf season. Unless otherwise...
~ Callaway Super Soft Golf Ball Review By Stogiesnbogies FYI: I am a senior player with an 85-90 Max swing speed; a 15-17 handicap who plays senior flex shafted clubs. I hit my average drives...
I've played three rounds with the B330. I wanted to like the ball, but it just isn't a good fit for me. I typically play either a NXT Tour or Pro-V1, so I can't help but compare this ball to my...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › My Swing (mdl) 16 seconds ago
- › Hello from Ottawa, Canada 2 minutes ago
- › Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant? 2 minutes ago
- › Pin in or out? With ball on the fringe 12 minutes ago
- › Operation: Single Digits 2014 13 minutes ago
- › Are you happy with your current network of golf buddies? 28 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 38 minutes ago
- › It's not the hackers! 39 minutes ago
- › Group introduction ... 44 minutes ago
- › Masters 2014 Favorites... 54 minutes ago
- › Criquet "The Players Shirt" by k-troop
- › Bridgestone Golf 2014 Tour B330 RX Golf Balls by flopster
- › Criquet - Classic Stripe Blue with Red by saevel25
- › Callaway Super Soft Golf Ball by stogiesnbogies
- › Bridgestone Golf 2014 Tour B330 Golf Balls by spentmiles
- › MacGregor M85i Iron Set 3-PW with Graphite Shafts by Dave40
- › Criquet Thin Striped Players Shirt by geauxforbroke
- › True Linkswear Mens TRUE linkswear TRUE tour 2.0 by geauxforbroke
- › Bridgestone Golf 2014 Tour B330 S Golf Balls by BENtSwing32
- › OnCore Golf MA Series One by meenman
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial by iacas
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series by JenniferO
- › Augusta National Course Prints from... by mvmac
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology by mmckay
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes by mmckay
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs by GlobalGolf
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest by mmckay
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes by mmckay
- › 2012 Big Fish Games Sweepstakes by mmckay
- › 2012 Predict the PGA Championship Contest by mmckay