Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Body Builder 6 minutes ago
- › Poll: Last club purchase 43 minutes ago
- › List the driver you see as the furthest and which driver as the... 52 minutes ago
- › Youth Baseball Fundraiser / Golf Package at TPC Sawgrass 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Secondary axis tilt - Best exercises? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Article Says Real Reason for Slow Play is Short Tee Time Intervals 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Mac O'Grady Golf Clinic 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Traditional Lofts versus Modern Lofts 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Datrek Go-Lite 14 Stand Bag 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes