Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Lost Ball Rule is Stupid 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 TST Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Etc.. Outing Fri/Sat Sept. 18/19 26 minutes ago
- › 2015 Barclays Discussion Thread 29 minutes ago
- › "Moving the needle" and Rory vs. Rickie vs. Tiger 40 minutes ago
- › My Edel Putter Fitting 48 minutes ago
- › Scratch Players: Practice and Playing Frequency 58 minutes ago
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › How much golf is "too much" for your wife? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Is the driving range a waste of time? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › My Swing (oudrees) 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes