Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
I won this club in a giveaway here on TST. Since it came in during the very long winter we had, I opted to not take it out until I had an opportunity to "get back in the swing of things" with...
I got the Golf Buddy Voice + rather than a laser device because I didn't want to be constantly taking a sighting on a flag, even though the laser might be a yard or two more accurate, or having to...
I've been using this ball for the past 10-15 rounds as I wanted to make sure I did a quality test before providing a review. I found this ball to be durable but with a soft feel. As mentioned in...
Odyssey has really stepped up in their game recently, by offering products that cater to those that want a very high quality putter with the option to customize the club to best fit the...
Played the first round this past weekend with my irons and their new grips. super tacky, my grips were about 7 years old so it was definitely time to replace them. night and day difference. clubs...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Bargain Wedges 11 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Tiba) 11 minutes ago
- › How to Move a Beginner to the Course 15 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 18 minutes ago
- › Just got my new Mizuno JPX-EZ Driver! 19 minutes ago
- › My swing (postmanclark) 21 minutes ago
- › Ping Eye 2's 37 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Lihu) 40 minutes ago
- › How to hit Sand/Bunker Shots 1 hour ago
- › Not bottoming out correctly. 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Callaway Men's Big Bertha Alpha Driver, Right Hand, Graphite,... by teamroper60
- › Golf Buddy Voice + GPS by Texian
- › Bridgestone Golf 2014 Tour B330 S Golf Balls by SloverUT
- › Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa Putters #7 Right 35.0 by bjwestner
- › Winn Dri-Tac Winn Dry Standard Black/Red Grip Kit by MikeRanaldo
- › Aldila En Fuego Habanero Wood Shaft by boogielicious
- › Golf Pride New Decade MCC Blue .600 Grip by boogielicious
- › Golf Pride Tour Velvet .580 Round by boogielicious
- › Swing Plane Perfector by iacas
- › Mizuno MP-69 Irons by imsys0042
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series by JenniferO
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial by iacas
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series by JenniferO
- › Augusta National Course Prints from... by mvmac
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology by mmckay
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes by mmckay
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs by GlobalGolf
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest by mmckay
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes by mmckay
- › 2012 Big Fish Games Sweepstakes by mmckay