Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
Product Summary: This product provided support and enabled me to continue golfing during recovery from severe lower back pain and stiffness. Without use of the Serola Belt, I probably would have...
I wanted to get some decent rain gear as our spring was pretty cruel to golfers. I was totally blown away by the costs of some of the higher end gear so I took a chance on these pants on a deal...
After going in and testing various irons, I decided to purchase the S55 irons with KBS Tour X-stiff shafts in them as the Mizuno shaft fitter recommended. This is where two of the three cons apply....
My Titleist AP2's arrived as ordered with standard length X100 shafts, 2° flat lie, their standard grips and clubs 3-PW. These replaced the MP33's I was previously gaming. First thing you...
The Volvik Vista iV have a very firm feel. I like how it feels on the driver and fairway woods, but a bit too firm on the short irons for my preference. Spin is good and about average for what...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Address routine 43 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on Ray Rice getting (only) a 2 game suspension 1 minute ago
- › Bogey golfer only thread (handicap index from 16 - 22) - what are... 3 minutes ago
- › If a Billion Dollar Golfer Doesn't Mind Going Bald... 4 minutes ago
- › Is my shaft not stiff enough? 5 minutes ago
- › What Should I Have Done? 5 minutes ago
- › Is there an abridged version or "Golf Rules for Dummies" ?? 6 minutes ago
- › Arnie Versus Phil - Who was the Better Golfer? 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer 24 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Club Rat
- › Snake Eyes Men's Packable Rain Pants by Ernest Jones
- › PING S55 irons by Pretzel
- › Titleist 714 Ap2 Forged Irons by Valleygolfer
- › Volvik Vista iV 4-piece Golf Ball (Pack of 12), Yellow/Orange by Dave40
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by billchao
- › Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat by Ernest Jones
- › Tour Lock Pro Weight 40 Gram by Ernest Jones
- › Volvik Vista iS Golf Balls - Orange by Ernest Jones
- › Bridgestone True Balance Putter by Ernest Jones
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes
- › 2012 Big Fish Games Sweepstakes