Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
All I can say is that this is an excellent ball. I typically play the Pro-V1 and this balls performance is right up there with it. It has great distance and feel off the tee. Callaway claims that...
I reviewed the Monsta golf balls over several rounds of golf at courses that I am familiar with. When opening the sleeve, I noticed the unusual Monsta eyeball logo on the cover of the ball. This...
I will start off by saying the Warspec, Spec 1 Hand Finished golf ball mark is very nice and very well made. Having your initials engraved on the mark certainly adds style to it and is included in...
Pretty much an unknown golf ball company to those who play in the USA. Volvik expanded to the USA in 2012 and offers a wide variety of golf balls. The ball I am going to be reviewing is their Vista...
I bought this some time around Memorial Day through Golfsmith who ordered it from Clicgear. One of the eight umbrella support rods broke the third time out of my bag. Sunny day and no wind not...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Par Golf, and the low single digit players you know 1 minute ago
- › GD's Resiliency Quiz 7 minutes ago
- › Can't hit my driver to save my life! 8 minutes ago
- › Non OEM Wedge help! 9 minutes ago
- › Complete TOOLS at the Range. 12 minutes ago
- › Pace Problem 17 minutes ago
- › Get Off the Darn Range and Go Play Golf 19 minutes ago
- › Scotland Votes No on Independence 22 minutes ago
- › I just went against eveything I believe in and bought a new SLDR... 23 minutes ago
- › My Swing (RFKFREAK) 35 minutes ago
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by CarlSpackler
- › Monsta Golf Balls by CarlSpackler
- › WarSpec Ball Marker by CarlSpackler
- › Volvik Vista iS Golf Balls - Orange by saevel25
- › Clicgear Umbrella by JDVasos
- › Maxfli U/3 by NJpatbee
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell+ Driver by Grndslmhttr3
- › PING G30 Irons by CarlSpackler
- › Yes! Milly True Alignment Putter by bjwestner
- › PING Hoofer by 18rounds
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes
- › 2012 Big Fish Games Sweepstakes