Same question for the 913f vs. 913fd.
Related Forum Threads
- Newer technology, loss in distance Last post on 7/6/13 at 4:44am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Titleist 913 d2 vs d3 Last post on 9/3/13 at 8:28am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- titleist 913 d3? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:24am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- I'd like to confess my love for... Last post on 7/13/13 at 12:03am in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Proforce V2 Last post on 6/30/13 at 8:06pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
Since I am a putter ***** and collect them, I am usually getting a new putter or two each month and will frequently trade/sell/acquire. I don't game them all necessarily unless I really like them...
I recently received the WarSpec Spec1 Black Oxide ball marker for the purpose of writing a review. My marker came with a little sight line cut into it and my initials etched into the bottom...
I bought the grey/black/red Ping Hoofer bag at my local private golf shop. I have now played 7 or 8 rounds with it. It was time to replace my old generic bag that came with my starter clubs years...
Very accurate review from @jamo. I agree with it 100%. Instead of re-type everything form his review, I figured I'd post why this driver has helped me. I have the Red/white driver, set at a...
This ball checks up very well on approach shots and around the green. Better than any other ball I've ever played. However, even on the shorter chip shots I noticed that the cover would start to...
Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not necessarily harder to hit. But I think harder to get in the air with the "ideal" launch angle. That's more so with fairways though, especially when hitting off the deck. A deep faced FW isn't easy to get enough height for a lot of players including myself out there.
But with the driver, I don't know. I found the D3 easier and more forgiving. Actually, for me atleast, whenever a driver head is labeled "tour" or something of that sort where its a slightly smaller head, deeper face, traditional pear shape..etc, I can hit pretty well and always found them more forgiving than the other ones. But those heads that are suppose to be super forgiving, I tend to struggle with and slice them pretty bad. The driver market is a weird, weird world. I find them harder and harder to hit as more and more game improvement features are on them. Not to mention 46"ish lengths for the "forgiving" models and shorter lengths for "tour" versions when if anything, should be the other way around.
This is my biggest observation with off the rack modern drivers. They are selling you forgiveness and then counter that with 46.5" shaft, but then again, distance is king in the marketing world. Generally, a Tour model will offer a stouter shaft and a less forgiving head. The Tour model may be set open a few degrees and have a smaller volume head and be seen as "more workable".
As far the as the Titleist models, keep in mind that both are being successfully played on Tour and that they are both considered premium equipment. The skinny on the D2 vs D3 is the standard soundbite of the D3 of being "more workable" and the D2 as having "maximum playability". The official reviews contain these kind of generalities, but you will find that unless you try them both side to side, you will not be enlightened because the general forum population is all over the place on preference. Again, two upper tier drivers, but it comes down to which one works best for you.
Deeper faces generally produce less spin. I think with the 910 and all the confusion with spin vs less spin, they just left it at workable vs playable with the 913.
- Why is 913 d3 considered harder to hit than d2?
- › Best laser rangefinder 4 seconds ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 55 seconds ago
- › Tiger Fires Sean Foley 3 minutes ago
- › Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it? 8 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Paiste) 9 minutes ago
- › Brandel at it again 20 minutes ago
- › Simple teacher for a Modern game? 20 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some football? 2014 21 minutes ago
- › Course ratings...... 26 minutes ago
- › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! 28 minutes ago
- › Yes! Milly True Alignment Putter by bjwestner
- › WarSpec Ball Marker by meenman
- › PING Hoofer by 18rounds
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell+ Golf Driver, Right Hand, Graphite,... by BENtSwing
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by Jeremie Boop
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by GolfLug
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by rft63
- › Callaway X Hot Pro Driver by islandersfan1
- › Callaway Men's Big Bertha Driver, Right Hand, Graphite, Stiff... by saevel25
- › Snake Eyes Men's Packable Rain Pants by Ernest Jones
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes
- › 2012 Big Fish Games Sweepstakes