or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (flopster)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (flopster)

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 30 years+

My current handicap index or average score is:4.9

My typical ball flight is:draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull hook

 


 

Videos:I'm going to have about 4 or 5 more from different angles and clubs, please forgive me if the angles are off since this is my first go around but I will get better. First swing I hooked the hell out of it but the next three were okay. FIRE AWAY Thanks 

post #2 of 22

Take a look at these videos and work on the feels.  Your right heel comes off the ground too early on the downswing causing the hips to tuck/move towards the ball.  This causes the hips to "stall", so they stop transferring forward and stop opening.  Can't control the face so it's "flipped" left but the path is rightward, pull hook.  You might even tend to miss it on the toe, also can result in hooks.

 

 

post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 

post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Take a look at these videos and work on the feels.  Your right heel comes off the ground too early on the downswing causing the hips to tuck/move towards the ball.  This causes the hips to "stall", so they stop transferring forward and stop opening.  Can't control the face so it's "flipped" left but the path is rightward, pull hook.  You might even tend to miss it on the toe, also can result in hooks.

 

 

I'll try this out, I just hope it doesn't cause any pain in my foot, I'm unfortunate to have plantar fasciitis in both feet right now. The right is the worse of the two. Seeing podiatrist.

post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
post #6 of 22

Flare the left foot more, it will help keep that knee from caving in towards the ball in the backswing

Still work on the toes up drill, really want to bank that back foot, not spin out. 

Keep your head a bit stiller, its moving to much in the downswing. 

post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Flare the left foot more, it will help keep that knee from caving in towards the ball in the backswing

Still work on the toes up drill, really want to bank that back foot, not spin out. 

Keep your head a bit stiller, its moving to much in the downswing. 

 

Yeah agree with this, the feet being turned out, knees feeling a little bowed with help with the ankle mobility.

 

Flopster, for plantar fasciitis, use a golf ball and roll it on the bottom of your feet.  Will help break up the adhesions.  Can also put the golf balls in the freezer and then use it on your feet.  The advice on the swing will also help you get rid of the plantar fasciitis.   

post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yeah agree with this, the feet being turned out, knees feeling a little bowed with help with the ankle mobility.

 

Flopster, for plantar fasciitis, use a golf ball and roll it on the bottom of your feet.  Will help break up the adhesions.  Can also put the golf balls in the freezer and then use it on your feet.  The advice on the swing will also help you get rid of the plantar fasciits

REALLY? Well I'm getting my happy little self over to the range this afternoon, been dealing with it going on a year now and what really makes it hard is that I work in an industrial workplace, and some times we are on our feet 12 hour shifts 7days for weeks. Currently have a few weeks off before things get busy again so hopefully I can get this taken care of. Oh by the way for anyone else that gets this terrible condition first you have my deepest sympathy but most important don't go to a "Good feet" store, they took me for about $700.00 and in fact I think their product flared it up in my right foot.

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post
 

REALLY? Well I'm getting my happy little self over to the range this afternoon, been dealing with it going on a year now and what really makes it hard is that I work in an industrial workplace, and some times we are on our feet 12 hour shifts 7days for weeks. Currently have a few weeks off before things get busy again so hopefully I can get this taken care of. Oh by the way for anyone else that gets this terrible condition first you have my deepest sympathy but most important don't go to a "Good feet" store, they took me for about $700.00 and in fact I think their product flared it up in my right foot.

 

"Really" for the golf ball rolling?  Yep, it's how I got rid of my plantars.  That and better footwork in my golf swing and losing weight.

post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 

Sorry for the poor lighting and focus it was later in the day, I was working on those things but probably should have done the video earlier. Also MVMAC I noticed no pain in my plantar after 2 buckets, thank you.

post #13 of 22

Reminder to flare both feet out.  Also when you practice this, do it slowly.  Make a few slow practice swings before you hit each shot, similar to what Dave was doing in the videos.

post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 

Just want to add the other day while playing a few practice holes in the evening I hit one of the largest drives I have ever connected with, with laser it measured 312 there was some roll but nothing absurd like a sprinkler would give, I have been working on what mvmac has been telling me and on occasion everything falls into place, the real difference I noticed was my hips staying more engaged through the downswing with tilt  instead of getting leveled off with my right foot getting up off the heel early.

post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 

 

Just did this today got one more front on, all impacts were solid.

post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 

post #17 of 22

As you know, flare those feet out ;-)

 

Also, weight is getting too far back on the heels.  Lower the eyes/chin a little and feel the weight more towards the balls of the feet.  Overall looks pretty good dude.

 

post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 

Wow I had so much better posture 20 years ago, my instructor used to use photos of my set up for samples to show his other students lol, I should look for them and post them (the hairstyle alone is worth the entertainment). Anyways I think there may be a little too much knee flex going on and a conscious effort to keep it that way, I used to straighten right leg really bad like fully locked straight at the top and loosen grip basically the ways to cheat for a full backswing. I have been hearing that a nearly straight right leg is really a better base than lots of flex am I right? Anyways focus this week is more flared feet, more flared feet, more flared feet, okay I'm going now. Just want to add I loved the sound of contact on the second shot face on pure on that one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (flopster)