or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Golf instruction in San Antonio, TX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf instruction in San Antonio, TX

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

I want to get a few lessons, no wait I HAVE to get a few lessons.  But there are so many pros, non-pros, wanna be pros, guys who my friends say are pros, etc. out there I don't know where to start.  Golftec, Golfsmith, online, at a range, at a club.

 

Can anyone recommend where to get some lessons in the San Antonio TX area?

Thanks

post #2 of 7

I'm taking online lessons from evolvr, and my instructor has been Brian McGrew.  I think he's recently moved to San Antonio.  (Unfortunately, I'm at work, so the IT folks won't let me look up the social media sites that would let me confirm that.  You can probably contact him through facebook or twitter through his links at http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php)

 

 I'm learning and improving (despite what my handicap is currently), so I would recommend him.

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Swede View Post
 

I'm taking online lessons from evolvr, and my instructor has been Brian McGrew.  I think he's recently moved to San Antonio.  (Unfortunately, I'm at work, so the IT folks won't let me look up the social media sites that would let me confirm that.  You can probably contact him through facebook or twitter through his links at http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php)

 

 I'm learning and improving (despite what my handicap is currently), so I would recommend him.

 

Thanks, @cbrian thanks you, but he's not in San Antonio. We do have a number of instructors who are in the area. Check out the map at http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php .

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Thanks, @cbrian thanks you, but he's not in San Antonio. We do have a number of instructors who are in the area. Check out the map at http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php .


Oops, my mistake. :8)  Not sure how I got that idea in my head, and I should have double-checked before posting.  I'll blame it on a bit of sleep deprivation at the moment.

 

Thanks for catching that and correcting it.

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Thanks, @cbrian thanks you, but he's not in San Antonio. We do have a number of instructors who are in the area. Check out the map at http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php .

I used the link and went to the map and found Sean Etheredge, I have emailed him numerous times and have not received a reply.  Is he still with you all?

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnl390 View Post
 

I used the link and went to the map and found Sean Etheredge, I have emailed him numerous times and have not received a reply.  Is he still with you all?

 

Yes, but he's been tough to reach lately. I'd try one of the others in San Antonio.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Yes, but he's been tough to reach lately. I'd try one of the others in San Antonio.

I finally got in touch with Sean, he is now golf coach at Trinity University here in San Antonio.  Funny thing is I am fairly sure I was his coach in Little League 20 years ago!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Golf instruction in San Antonio, TX