IGNORED

Got to be a caddy for the first time last weekend

TN94z
Note: This thread is 1840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My son Jacob played his first 2 day tournament this past weekend and the tour likes to give them the option of having caddies. So Jacob wanted me to caddy for him. I now have an even higher level of respect for those guys. I used a push cart and it will still a tough job. And the course had gotten slammed with rain the day before so it was sloppy wet, which did not help any. It was a really fun and cool experience though. The tour did an excellent job on the tournament and it was ran very well. We will be playing in a few more of these tournaments throughout this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, TN94z said:

My son Jacob played his first 2 day tournament this past weekend and the tour likes to give them the option of having caddies. So Jacob wanted me to caddy for him. I now have an even higher level of respect for those guys. I used a push cart and it will still a tough job. And the course had gotten slammed with rain the day before so it was sloppy wet, which did not help any. It was a really fun and cool experience though. The tour did an excellent job on the tournament and it was ran very well. We will be playing in a few more of these tournaments throughout this season.

Had the opportunity to caddy for the Southern Women’s am at our club in Augusta. The player was a sophomore for Georgia, Rinko Matsiaga. She made it to the Championship round and ran into a young lady named Alex Wright, now a junior at Ohio State. Rinko made it to 17, but was severely “out-horsepowered” by Alex. Scrambling pars for Rinko and stress free tap ins for Alex.

I was amazed at the accuracy of these young ladies. After four rounds, I think I was far more exhausted than they were, so I’m with you on the respect for caddies.

• Like 1

Oh! This is good. Reminds me of a Feherty essay about caddying for Gary McCord in some charity event. He had to carry the bag and do everything else a caddie is supposed to do. When McCord hit into a bunker, Feherty's description of himself was, "like a monkey standing up in a hammock trying to make love to a set of bagpipes!" Managing the wedges, the golf towel, and the rake was a bit much!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!