IGNORED

Callaway X12 irons

Note: This thread is 1740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was all set to bite the bullet and spend whatever it took to get fitted and buy new irons. A friend told me he had some old x12 irons he’d sell me for $75 bucks I grabbed them thinking I’d give them to my nephew. I regriped them and on a whim I took them out to try them.  Wow. I hit every shot where I envisioned it. I hit every par 3. They are 3 clubs longer than my old pings with dg s300 shafts. I think it has to be the Memphis 10 shaft that’s a little stiffer than regular it just fits me!  My nephew is getting the pings. Does anyone else still play the old callaway x12 or x14 irons?

I too am interested in any info on this. I'd also like to know how to find the year on a set of these irons. 

Golf is good. The Grint User name = Ballgame59

:ping: Karsen Zing Orange dot 4-W,  :mizuno:  JPX 900 D,3W,4&5H,  :titleist: Vokey SM4 56,  Ray Cook M1 Mallet, :bridgestone: e12

:adidas:  Tech Response. Any glove'll do.

They were made in 1998. Anika sorenstan won all her big victories as well as men with them. I think average golfers should compare themselves to the women pros because we will never approach the club speeds the men get to.   I like watching them swing too my wife calls it boner golf. Lol

• Like 1

I now play the X12 irons and couldn't be happier. The Memphis 10 shaft fits me perfectly and they feel as good as any iron that I have ever tried. I was going from iron to iron trying to find a set that I could be happy with. I remember having a set of X12 knockoffs years ago and played some pretty good golf with them, So out of desperation I bought a set of x12's about three months ago that were in very good condition off of ebay. I haven't shot above a 78 since I bought them. They are in the bag to stay.    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am 63 and still play X-14 irons. 5 thru sw. I've won quite a few local tournaments with them. They are hard to wear out. I sent them back to Callaway twice and they refurbish them to new. I played the x-12s for a few years before the 14s came out. 14s are better.
I just picked up a mint set of Ping ISI Nickel irons 2 thru lob wedge. I really wanted to play them but they aren't x14s. Lol  I do like the pitch and gap from the nickels though. I've had 3 holes in one with the Callaway's so I can't get rid of them. ha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got my set of used X-12's from Globabl Golf, have not even opened the box yet as I was wondering about what I did after my last round.  Disappointed with my round and a bit lit from the beer, I raged purchased these irons.  

Now however, I am kind of excited to go hit them.

19 hours ago, MOODY said:

Disappointed with my round and a bit lit from the beer, I raged purchased these irons.  

My kind of guy! Best, -Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!