IGNORED

Ping i25 - What is current equivalent?

Note: This thread is 1824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been using Ping i25 irons and a Ping i25 Driver.

Unfortunately, we were broken into last night and my golf bag/clubs were stolen. I am going through the process of claiming on household insurance, but, the issue I have is that the i25 is a few years old now and not in their current lineup.

I have been told that the i200 is probably the nearest equivalent to the i25 irons - does that seem right?

I cannot see any "i" Drivers in their current models......any views on what the nearest equivalent driver would be? 

I am still using i20 irons, when I went and hit the new models I thought both the i210s and i500s felt pretty similar.  I think you will need to go swing them before you can make a decision.

For drivers, you could get an older G model, or swing the G400 or G410, depending on how much you want to spend.  I still haven't found any reasons to get rid of my G30.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, JGus said:

I am still using i20 irons, when I went and hit the new models I thought both the i210s and i500s felt pretty similar.  I think you will need to go swing them before you can make a decision.

For drivers, you could get an older G model, or swing the G400 or G410, depending on how much you want to spend.  I still haven't found any reasons to get rid of my G30.

Thanks for reply, but, it isn't the playability i am interested in just now. It is information about Ping's product range for my discussion with insurance company.  I need to be able to say "I bought the Ping i25 irons and driver 5 years ago and they do not sell thar model any more. However, they have been superceded by X/Y and i am claiming for those as being equivalent replacements".

I am worried they will try to fob me off with a cheaper model!

Best thing to do is call Ping.  Current to me would be the i210 irons ( the i500 are hollow body irons) and there is not much choice for woods...has to be the G410, there is no other line for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, MysteryMan said:

Thanks for reply, but, it isn't the playability i am interested in just now. It is information about Ping's product range for my discussion with insurance company.  I need to be able to say "I bought the Ping i25 irons and driver 5 years ago and they do not sell thar model any more. However, they have been superceded by X/Y and i am claiming for those as being equivalent replacements".

I am worried they will try to fob me off with a cheaper model!

They’re going to replace your old irons with new ones? Not the value of your stolen clubs? Ping doesn’t make i25 irons anymore but they’re all over the Internet for sale. It seems they would grant you the value of your stolen item, or what it would cost to replace them, as they were when they were stolen. It’s not hard to get the original price of the i25’s.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

They’re going to replace your old irons with new ones? Not the value of your stolen clubs? Ping doesn’t make i25 irons anymore but they’re all over the Internet for sale. It seems they would grant you the value of your stolen item, or what it would cost to replace them, as they were when they were stolen. It’s not hard to get the original price of the i25’s.

I wonder if the insurance company wouldn't just look up what the clubs are worth in the PGA Value guide?  If they do that u won't get much from them.  Hopefully the insurance adjuster isn't too bright

19 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

I wonder if the insurance company wouldn't just look up what the clubs are worth in the PGA Value guide?  If they do that u won't get much from them.  Hopefully the insurance adjuster isn't too bright

Right. I mean if your 1995 BMW 325i gets stolen ...you don’t get a new one. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Maybe house insurance is different in USA, but, over here (in UK) it is quite common to have the option of "New for Old"  cover and here is a quote from my policy....

"We will pay the cost of replacement as new if available or otherwise the nearest equivalent less any discounts obtainable."

Anyway, thanks for all replies and I think I have what I need now.

17 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Vinsk, after reading his last post I think u and need to move to the UK....I'll " steal" your '95 bimmer....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Vinsk, after reading his last post I think u and need to move to the UK....I'll " steal" your '95 bimmer....

Ha! Don't be too hasty booking those tickets......this is just home insurance. With car insurance it is generally only cars up to 12 months old that get replaced with new! 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MysteryMan said:

We will pay the cost of replacement as new if available or otherwise the nearest equivalent less any discounts obtainable."

Lol. That sounds about right. Well in the US it’s more like:

”After a thorough review we’ve decided to grant you 25% of the current value of the clubs that were ‘misplaced’ as it cannot be confirmed what was the actual cause of this ‘misplacement.’  We are glad to be of service to you. Please be aware that your premium has been increased by 25% and will reflect on your next billing cycle.”

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!