IGNORED

Fort William Scotland Recommendations?

Note: This thread is 1789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife and I are going to Scotland at the end of the month.  Not a golf vacation but this is the 3rd time we've been, we love it, and I've never played golf there.  Want to try to squeeze in a round this time.  We are splitting our time in Fort William and Dunvegan.  Any recommendations? I would need to rent clubs as well.  Thanks in advance. 

• iacas changed the title to Fort William Scotland Recommendations?

Hello!

Being a "local" lad (im Inverness so about 70miles from Fort William)

You have Fort William golf Club itself which is based in Fort William website as follow: 

Fort-William-Golf-Club-640x480.jpg

The Club Fort William Golf Club sits in the shadow of Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain, amid breathtaking Highland scenery. The course is set in beautiful countryside with spectacular views. The cliffs of Ben Nevis hang...

I have not personally played here as i've only recently picked up the clubs again myself, but i've heard good things about the course and as long as you get a good day it'll be a cracking view!

Dunvegan is almost the wrong end of Skye for Isle Of Sky Golf Club: 

Isle-of-Skye-Golf-Club-Hole-640x480.jpg

The Club Nestled at the foot of the Red Cuillins, with stunning views of the Old man of Storr and across to Raasay, The Isle of Skye Golf Club is an unexpected gem amidst Skye’s dramatic landscape. In the early days of...

My friend is a member here as he works at one of the local hotel's restaurant hes only been playing around a year and says its challenging for all levels but does have some rewarding holes, much like Fort William as long as its a good day the views will be rewarding! We are planning a weekend playing here in July so if your trips after this ill let you know how i get on!

Any more info needed etc just let me know

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!