IGNORED

Spin Rate

patentwilk
Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just spent some time with a launch monitor. My ball speed was in the 150s and the spin rate averaged around 2850. Is this spin rate too high? If so, how can I lower it? I was hitting the Callaway HX Tour ball.
Driver : Burner TP, 9.5, ReAx 50g Stiff flex
Fairway 906F2, 15, V2 85-S flex
Hybrid Rescue TP, 21, ReAx Stiff flex
4-PW X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.0
AW 52, 11 bounce, X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.5SW 56, 13 bounce, X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.5LW 60, 9 bounce,...

Those two numbers look good together, but you didn't mention the all important launch angle.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I just spent some time with a launch monitor. My ball speed was in the 150s and the spin rate averaged around 2850. Is this spin rate too high? If so, how can I lower it? I was hitting the Callaway HX Tour ball.

I think anything lower than 3,000 is pretty decent. I had a few in the lower 2,000's and he told me those balls would be knuckling because they where hit so straight. Of course I have a swing speed for 90 with driver which is pretty weak. My launch angle was 11.1 with the driver I was using.

I think anything lower than 3,000 is pretty decent. I had a few in the lower 2,000's and he told me those balls would be knuckling because they where hit so straight. Of course I have a swing speed for 90 with driver which is pretty weak. My launch angle was 11.1 with the driver I was using.

what's your average carry? just curious

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Launch Angle of 9.5.
Driver : Burner TP, 9.5, ReAx 50g Stiff flex
Fairway 906F2, 15, V2 85-S flex
Hybrid Rescue TP, 21, ReAx Stiff flex
4-PW X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.0
AW 52, 11 bounce, X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.5SW 56, 13 bounce, X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.5LW 60, 9 bounce,...

Launch Angle of 9.5.

If you got that launch angle into the 13-14 degree range, you'd see an increase in carry yardage. They won't roll out as far, but sometimes that's preferred if you want to stay out of trouble on hard fairways.

The playing conditions and course setup should help you decide whether you should go that route.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!