5 posts / 288 viewsLast Reply

I was thinking of putting a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65 into my 17 M1 driver. I currently have a made for Fujikura Pro XLR8 56 shaft. Would the Prolaunch give me a better ball flight? Are these shafts similar? @Adam C

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

27 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I was thinking of putting a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65 into my 17 M1 driver. I currently have a made for Fujikura Pro XLR8 56 shaft. Would the Prolaunch give me a better ball flight? Are these shafts similar? @Adam C

Not sure what better ball flight means? Are you wanting change in launch height, direction? If I am comparing these two shafts on paper, I would say that they would launch at similar height. The Fuji is 10 grams lighter which could mean more height out of it vs. the Grafalloy though. Grafalloy probably plays a little stiffer also both because of weight and design. Might mean the Grafalloy won't help close the face up as much and could result in losing the ball right. Of course these are all on paper, what a shaft should do and what it does can be complete opposite depending on the hands swinging it.

@Adam C thank you for the response. My normal ball flight with the fujikura is mid launch fade. I was seeing if the ProLaunch would increase the height and straighten out the fade a bit.  

I had the stock kuro cage in my m1 but didn’t particularly care for the ball trajectory or feel. 

I have been a bit erratic with my driver and was just curious if a new shaft would do anything. 

Edited by jmanbooyaa

Both should launch about the same but the weight and the overall stiffness in the Grafalloy should promote lower more right flight if we compare them. Again, this is only theory because how your body reacts to the shaft could cause a different result from what "should" happen.

If you are looking for more height, you are always better off lofting up the head. Loft change is a guarantee of launch change, shaft profile will be small if any.