IGNORED

Best Way to Go About a Golf Vacation?

SaltyDog
Note: This thread is 5910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing for about 6 years, but never really done a golf vacation.

I keep trying to talk one up, but my buddies are ****ing lazy and unorganized.

So what is the best way to figure out where to go? I'm in the Northeast, so NC or SC is the most convenient.

Is there a site that you'd recommend going through or a process that works to figure out where I want to be.

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

I have been playing for about 6 years, but never really done a golf vacation.

For Pinehurst, try

http://www.tincupgolf.com/ (not an employee) I used them 3-4 times. They pretty much do all the work for you. Also try the local hotels (not the chain ones) or courses. They have packages as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going to play the Sandhills this week...playing Pine Needles, Whispering Pines, and Legacy. I used http://www.maplesgolf.com/ and they took care of everything as well... I'll report back when I return if you want. If you go to Pinehurst/Sandhills area... don't spend the entire time at Pinehurst (unless you just don't care about price/value)... there are numerous great courses in the area, many classic designs. Many people say that Pine Needles is actually better than #2... and it's only about half the price.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

The golf desk from Myrtle Beach has a very strong reputation.
http://www.golfdesk.com/

I've always stayed at The Beach Colony, and have used their golf package.
http://www.beachcolony.com/

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

That's great guys, I really appreciate that. Exactly what I was looking for.
And yes, if you have a report on your trip, i'd love to hear about it, thanks!

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

If you go to Myrtle, I'd suggest that you get a good idea of the trip from the hotel to the golf course. Also, you're best off scheduling afternoon tee times. Usually there's at least 1 person in the group, if not yourself, that can't get up in the morning. And in peak season a lot of courses will charge you for the round anyway if you don't give them at least 48 hours notification.

Also, you're best off finding a place with a kitchen. Eating out is nice, but it's expensive and you'd be surprised how much money it saves to cook your own food.

3JACK

I've been on a lot of golf vacations and the best way is have the resort pay for it. I mean time-share presentations. Whistler for example: Fairmont Chateau Whistler $199 for 2 ppl, 2 night, 2 round of golf. All you need to do is spend 90-minutes with em, say no thanks but thanks for the stay and be on your way. Tip: do the 90-minute presentation on the last day of your stay. That way you don't feel pressured. We do it all the time. My favorite was a few years back, 2 night stay at Running Y in Oregon. Got 2 nights, 2 rounds, and a 975J driver out the the deal. When we vacation in Hawaii we look for time-share presentation with golf as gifts. Save anywhere from $150 to $220 per round. We've done it at Sunriver, Oregon, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Orlando, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, and more. Not hard to find these guys because they're looking for you. This works Internationally as well.
Of course, we've bought into 2 time-shares doing this and it has been paying off. Where heading to Zihuatanejo in May and I'm stoked. We're staying here for 18 days http://www.clubintrawestresorts.com/...nejo/index.asp
and golf http://www.zihua.net/zihuatanejo/activities/golf.html
I'll be drinking tequilla and smokin stoggies on the course and the beach. And we'll be looking for those time-share presentations for free golf or spa.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

We go to a resort that has a golf course on it where you get unlimited golf. It may not be a "golf vacation" but it's a great family vacation where you can golf 2 or 3 times a day! (Or more, if you really wanted to)

That's the closest I've been to a 'golf vacation'. There is also a hotel about half a mile from me and they have a golf course you can play when you stay there. You could look for things like that, too.

My bag:
Irons: Rac OS2
Driver:
Putter: STX Sync 9740
Balls: One Black Pro V1 HX Tour

Yeah, like someone mentioned above www.golfdesk.com is excellent if you are planning a Myrtle Beach trip. I used them last year and everything was absolutely perfect. There were zero hiccups in my trip.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Hello everyone,
As i'm new to this forum (see introduction message) i can't post a new thread so i ask here. I'm going to PGA village in port st-lucie for a golf trip with 7 other golfers. april 9th thru april 19th 2008. We're staying on site.
My question is: Should i wait till the last minute to book our teetimes (seem to be a special for 9 days booking) or considering our dates it should be better to book earlier.
And is there any courses in the area that compare to the pga village courses. 30-40 minutes drives not a problem.
I've been to places like MyrtleBeach (6 times), Palm Spring (once) and Orlando (once) in my other golf trips.
Any comments is welcome, thanks everyone!

p.s My english writing is basic (french is main language) so don't be to hard on me

I've been on a lot of golf vacations and the best way is have the resort pay for it. I mean time-share presentations. Whistler for example: Fairmont Chateau Whistler $199 for 2 ppl, 2 night, 2 round of golf. All you need to do is spend 90-minutes with em, say no thanks but thanks for the stay and be on your way. Tip: do the 90-minute presentation on the last day of your stay. That way you don't feel pressured. We do it all the time. My favorite was a few years back, 2 night stay at Running Y in Oregon. Got 2 nights, 2 rounds, and a 975J driver out the the deal. When we vacation in Hawaii we look for time-share presentation with golf as gifts. Save anywhere from $150 to $220 per round. We've done it at Sunriver, Oregon, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Orlando, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, and more. Not hard to find these guys because they're looking for you. This works Internationally as well.

Daddy, I'm 15 and i went to Zihua with my parents last year. We went to Ixtapa, (about 20 mins from Zihua) and golfed one of the courses there. It was decent but wayyy overpriced. Look out for the free golf offers because they do have them. Also the golf club rentals are a huge ripoff seeing as you pay i think around 40 bucks to rent for these really cheap horrible clubs. All of the workers on the course offer you golf balls for a price that they have found which I also find kind of annoying.. but have fun!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Daddy, I'm 15 and i went to Zihua with my parents last year. We went to Ixtapa, (about 20 mins from Zihua) and golfed one of the courses there. It was decent but wayyy overpriced. Look out for the free golf offers because they do have them. Also the golf club rentals are a huge ripoff seeing as you pay i think around 40 bucks to rent for these really cheap horrible clubs.

Thanks for the tips. I figured the prices are kind of high for the type of courses they have - only 2, and not the best, but with our club they have some sort of discount. I'll be bringing my own clubs so don't have to rent. Renting clubs are pricey no matter where you are, imo. I was told that people in Mexico try to sell you everything they can. I can understand, I survived Morroco, Africa, so Mexico would be cake. lol.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

Note: This thread is 5910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!