IGNORED

My Swing (Mesa4234)

Mesa4234
Note: This thread is 1702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 months consistently with a few rounds and range tim scattered over the past 15 years or so
My current handicap index or average score is: ~20
My typical ball flight is: Irons - High with a large draw/hook; Driver - High and inconsistent, slices, hooks, and when I am consistent, straight and sometimes a slight fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Irons - large draw/hook; Driver - slice/push slice

Videos: 

Driver  (sorry the sun was behind me on the face on)

7 Iron

I've started playing golf consistently this year and I have gotten out about 15 times since May. I started taking a couple of lessons and there has been some improvement, but I feel super inconsistent in a majority of my rounds. I am around 6'1 and have a baseball background. My driver when it is straight carries around 260-265, and I can hit 275-280 a couple times a round. Of course, there are times when I hit it wrong and I end up with a 210 yard drive. The issue is that there are days when I hit huge slices. I've worked on eliminating the push slices by releasing the club head more, but I still get slices more often than not. However, when I focus on not coming out to in, I hit it straight or with a slight fade and sometimes a slight draw. The problem comes in when I am hitting a bunch of slices on the course and then I do everything right and hit a bomb way left.

My 7 iron (and irons in general) used to be straight and skyed, but that was due to me rocking back on my backswing instead of turning. I am working on not swaying my hips, and now I seem to be hitting the ball left (more than a draw), but occasionally hit it well and but end up with a mild slice. 

In my lessons so far, I worked on turning at the hips instead of rocking back, and also not separating my left elbow on the downswing (which I did in both the videos...).

Just from watching the videos, I can see the my club faces are pointing toward the sky at impact. I think this could result in either the club face being open at impact, or an overcorrection that forces the ball to the left. 

Note: This thread is 1702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!