IGNORED

Ping G410 Driver Shafts

SP913
Note: This thread is 1635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got fitted for the driver. I was put into a Project XEvenFlow Black 5.5 Flex shaft. It was generating low spin on the monitor, but I was hitting it reasonably well in the store so I went with it. But on the course and range, I am having some difficulty launching it high. I even adjusted the club to add more loft, and that doesn't seem to help enough. Are the Alta and Tensei shafts better with respect to launch angle, and should I try them instead? Will they be noticeably better on launch angle than the EvenFlow?

I have the Tensei Orange shaft with my G410, it is a low launch shaft, if you're looking for a higher launch I would not recommend it.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2019 at 1:03 PM, JGus said:

I have the Tensei Orange shaft with my G410, it is a low launch shaft, if you're looking for a higher launch I would not recommend it.

I agree.  I am using an Alta CB 55 (SR) and get excellent loft.  The. soft regular may be too flexible for you; go back to your fitter and tell them they got it wrong.  It does happen

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I've read the normal pro version of the tensei is a low launching shaft, however that is not the shaft that comes with the Ping G410. The tensei that comes with the Ping G410 is supposed to be a higher launch shaft with the Ping G410. 

Edited by Waddaplaya
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, SP913 said:

Just got fitted for the driver. I was put into a Project XEvenFlow Black 5.5 Flex shaft. It was generating low spin on the monitor, but I was hitting it reasonably well in the store so I went with it. But on the course and range, I am having some difficulty launching it high. I even adjusted the club to add more loft, and that doesn't seem to help enough. Are the Alta and Tensei shafts better with respect to launch angle, and should I try them instead? Will they be noticeably better on launch angle than the EvenFlow?

What were the launch numbers during the fitting? If you don't feel like you are launching it high enough, but the numbers were good during the fitting, it's you and not the club/shaft. If they didn't provide launch numbers during the fitting then I would go back and ask why not.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• 2 weeks later...

You actually said on the launch monitor u were spinning it low and reasonably well so u bought it.  You didn’t mention launch angle anywhere.  If u weren’t looking at that then it sounds like you got what paid for.

Note: This thread is 1635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!