IGNORED

My Swing (SlappyBuffet)

SlappyBuffet
Note: This thread is 1610 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 9 months
My current handicap index or average score is: 27
My typical ball flight is: low and thin
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I've been going to lessons by my coach has gone on holiday and I can't hit the ball anymore! I've change my alignment as I was open shoulders and feet & I'm trying to eliminate the over the top swing. I can see the over the top swing is still present here so any drill ideas would be nice, my hands also seem too high & far away from my body at impact. Thoughts?

Other than that pretty healthy 29 year old guy. 

Videos: 

• Administrator

Please embed YouTube videos. This makes it much easier for everyone to see.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Not much lower body involvement, and an over-the-top steepening move in transition.

Very common.

You can put a stick on the target line oriented at about 55° or so (from the ground) and swing over it, trying to do so with a better lower body action.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not much lower body involvement, and an over-the-top steepening move in transition.

Very common.

You can put a stick on the target line oriented at about 55° or so (from the ground) and swing over it, trying to do so with a better lower body action.

Something like this? What is a better lower body action? 

Edited by iacas
nothing embedded

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SlappyBuffet said:

Something like this? What is a better lower body action?

Nothing shows up. You can embed a JPEG or a GIF or something, but please stick to normal web formats.

Basically, like this, but with the stick on the target line and on the FRONT side of the golfer, not the back side:

doweldrill-copy.jpg

And swing OVER it.

• Administrator
On 11/27/2019 at 4:55 AM, SlappyBuffet said:

Got rid of the steeping movement & the shanks. Feels to be coming out a lot cleaner but might be dropping the club to far behind now.

Are you sure about that? It hasn't been very long, and the next video doesn't show quite the same things.

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Are you sure about that? It hasn't been very long, and the next video doesn't show quite the same things.

Wasn't sure if I was too shallow or coming from too far behind on the 2nd video so tried to just use the feeling of been shallow to keep it on plane. Is the 2nd video swing better than the 3rd? 

• Administrator

I’m saying I’m not so sure you’ve “fixed” things. It’s been a few days.

Note: This thread is 1610 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!