IGNORED

Best Shot in Golf

iacas
Note: This thread is 1614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Best Shot in Golf  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What shot makes you happiest?

• A piped drive down the middle.
    • A pure long- or mid-iron.
    • A great chip shot (with or without that saucy spin, your choice).
    • A holed long putt path looks and feels in from the start.
    • A perfect green side bunker shot.
    • A flighted wedge or short iron that takes one hop and spins to a stop close to the hole.

My vote was the flighted one hop and stop.   Driver is a full swing, long or mid iron is a full swing... something I do every shot. 
The flighted shot is something nobody practices.  Go to the range, it’s people beating ball after ball, nobody is there creating shots.  It takes skill, finesse and touch.  Feels great to pull it off and it messes with the heads of people playing with you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfLug said:

Without a good drive you would most possibly be worse off considering the same order of events, yes?

😊

For me, the idea is that not only a piped drive terribly fun, but it puts you in a great frame of mind and the best chance for a par or better. Without a good tee ball you end up playing defensively all the way. Most of the time..

True. But how many times have we beaten ourselves up over "screwing up a good Drive?" I hate doing that! Making a long putt means we have saved ourselves at least one stroke. Didn't Tiger say that one of the most satisfying things to him was grinding over, and making, a long putt for par? Even if in trouble off the tee, you play the hole in par and don't give away a stroke. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!