IGNORED

Garmin Golf

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently use the Garmin Vivoactive 3 smart watch and love the golf feature set. I have used the garmin golf app on my phone a couple of times before i got my garmin watch and my range finder. I do not have any really complaints mostly because it is a free app. Let me know if you have any questions about the garmin smart watch. I really enjoy using it!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, RoberX said:

I currently use the Garmin Vivoactive 3 smart watch and love the golf feature set. I have used the garmin golf app on my phone a couple of times before i got my garmin watch and my range finder. I do not have any really complaints mostly because it is a free app. Let me know if you have any questions about the garmin smart watch. I really enjoy using it!

Thanks, RoberX.  I just got the S20 and I haven't had a chance to golf with it yet, but I haven't been that impressed so far.  I love how it's set up because it's simple and easy to read which will save time golfing.  The problem I'm having is that I don't always get notifications on my watch from my phone.  Not a huge deal when golfing, but I figure if that's a feature of the watch, it should work.

20 hours ago, 3puttssuck said:

The problem I'm having is that I don't always get notifications on my watch from my phone.  Not a huge deal when golfing, but I figure if that's a feature of the watch, it should work.

I agree. What type of phone are you pairing it with? I have a samsung S10, i have paired with my garmin watch. I would also reach out to tech support at garmin to see if they can help with the integration between the watch and your phone. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

3 hours ago, RoberX said:

I agree. What type of phone are you pairing it with? I have a samsung S10, i have paired with my garmin watch. I would also reach out to tech support at garmin to see if they can help with the integration between the watch and your phone. 

Good suggestions and I've done that once, and getting ready to cantact garmin again.  I have a Samsung Note 9.

• 1 month later...

I think the Garmin watches work great for gps rangefinders.  However, don't waste your time tracking stats like the distances by club, etc.  The web/mobile app is terrible.

Mark in Colorado

25 minutes ago, skywaterbanjo said:

I think the Garmin watches work great for gps rangefinders.  However, don't waste your time tracking stats like the distances by club, etc.  The web/mobile app is terrible.

+1

My VA3 works great as an easy and convenient GPS.  I like seeing the steps and mileage, too.  Its nice sometimes when I hit a good drive and the distance since my last hit shows up on the watch.  But it doesn't record each shot consistently enough to be useful for any sort of average or aggregate analysis. 

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!