IGNORED

MCC+ Four grips

CharlieB
Note: This thread is 1527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Do these grips have a effect on your ability to feel the club head in your backswing? If your driver has a weight in it, do you add more weight?

They will change the swing weight of your clubs slightly if you have a standard grip now. Not much if you stay in the same size. The GolfPride Tour Velvet is 50g and MCC+4 is 52g in standard size.  Check your current grip weight at golfworks.com.

If you go up in size, it can change swing weight a lot. I went to the midsize MCC+4, which is 66g and have to add weight to the head area.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went from the standard MCC +4 to the Midsize MCC +4 Align grips and although I'm sure it did alter the swing weight, I can't honestly say I've noticed a difference in how the clubhead feels in the backswing, although I will add I never have been super perceptive to things like feeling the clubhead in the backswing, feeling the differences between shafts, etc.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 2/17/2020 at 8:24 AM, klineka said:

I went from the standard MCC +4 to the Midsize MCC +4 Align grips and although I'm sure it did alter the swing weight, I can't honestly say I've noticed a difference in how the clubhead feels in the backswing, although I will add I never have been super perceptive to things like feeling the clubhead in the backswing, feeling the differences between shafts, etc.

I with you on not noticing anything about weight.  I have the MCC plus4 on my irons, coming from Tour velvet and love the way they feel.  I notice not weight difference with the change.  I have one on a couple of driver shafts and again, don’t notice a weight difference.

Next time I’m going with the Tour Velvet plus4 just to save money... they are about half the price of the MCC plus4.

Note: This thread is 1527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!