IGNORED

Cobra King F7 Driver & Cobra F7 3-4 Fairway Wood

Note: This thread is 1512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Definitely an older set of woods, but I caught wind of them on a killer deal, so I bought them. I’d really like to buy some different weights for both. My SS averages 109. I hit a high fade as my natural shot. In Michigan, still cold, hard to get accurate ball flights at open ranges with cold golf balls, and I don’t prefer indoor simulators. Anyway what’s your Favorite Weight set up in Driver? Seen I could buy heavier and mid weights too. From 2mg all the way too 16mg. Really interested to know peoples opinions on their weight set up and why. 

Personally, I've had a lot more success with my drivers when I have added weight to the heads compared to hitting them in the default setup. In my old Callaway Alpha 815, I bought a couple heavier weights and arranged them to make it more draw bias. In my current rogue, I just got some lead tape and put a few strips on the sole of the driver to add a little more to the head weight. I find that I have a lot of trouble with huge misses if the head is too light, but when I add something to it, I can feel the club head throughout the swing a bit more and it keeps me a little more consistent.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I’d definitely like to try the heavier weights. I just can’t find the original weights. It’s all after market knock offs. I’ll see what I come up with

8 minutes ago, Donmega said:

Yeah I’d definitely like to try the heavier weights. I just can’t find the original weights. It’s all after market knock offs. I’ll see what I come up with

If they are cheap enough, it may be worth just trying them. Assuming the weights are accurate and they fit in the club, there isn't really any reason to need the official weights. If not, you can just grab a roll of lead tape and use that to play around with different setups.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

41 minutes ago, Donmega said:

I wouldn't sweat the "after market knock offs". Back in the day I purchased a pile of knock off weights for my Taylormade R7. I won't say any of them particularly helped my game, but in terms of fit and doing what they said they were going to do they were totally fine. After all, it's a lump of lead or tungsten, with a threaded screw going through it. It's not a space shuttle O-ring. 

If you want to test with different weight go ahead and get them. If it works out that you find the perfect set up and it requires different weights and you are concerned you can then go on the hunt for "True Cobra" weights. 

BTW - IMO - The Cobra King f7 Hybrid is the best hybrid out there. If you're a hybrid guy and you ever see one of those out there, you should scoop it up. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 1512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!