IGNORED

Golfers do dumb things

golf_junkie27
Note: This thread is 5727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree with what he did was wrong, but I saw on ESPN today that some guy on around the horn compared this case with what Vick did. I thought that was ridiculous.

But, if he initially started hitting the ball at the bird when the bird was at 300 yds. away and the bird proceeded to come closer to within 75 yds. I think the bird was asking for it.

Gosh, I hope I can get to sleep tonight knowing there is 1 less bird in the world for me to worrty about. I hope we can all move on from this tragic situation and continue on with our lives.

It reminds my when Randy Johnson threw that pitch and a pidgeon flew in the balls path and literally exploded.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him a fine and let him be on his way.... It was a victimless crime, sad it happened, but let it be. If it was not endangered this story would not have even been picked up.

What would happen if let's say a 16 year old kid is at the range, and the range guy comes drivin out and picks up the balls. The kid takes out his 3 wood, and just messes around aiming at the range guy. Well one shot he hits it thin and it somehow breaks through the netting, and does serious damage to the range guy, maybe even kills him? Is the 16 year old kid in the same boat as Tripp? Do you send the juvenile away for 10+ years? According to most of you, you would.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

What would happen if let's say a 16 year old kid is at the range, and the range guy comes drivin out and picks up the balls. The kid takes out his 3 wood, and just messes around aiming at the range guy. Well one shot he hits it thin and it somehow breaks through the netting, and does serious damage to the range guy, maybe even kills him? Is the 16 year old kid in the same boat as Tripp? Do you send the juvenile away for 10+ years? According to most of you, you would.

First off, what Tripp did was delibrate and he knew damn well that he could have killed the bird. Tripp is just lucky that PETA hasnt stuck there crazy freaking head in the situation yet.

Second - as far as your comparison goes, Well if the guy dies, I think its called Involuntary Manslaughter (not a lawyer or law student so cut me some slack, didnt look it up just from the top of the noggin), so I think he would be in a fair amount of trouble with that one. And as far as the same boat, I think the kid would be on an entirely differenct ship for killing a HUMAN BEING. To compare the two is stupid.

Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

No, no, I misspoke. I didn't mean anyone was flaming at the moment. The comment about newsletter is typically used when someone is responding to a flame-war online in a sarcastic tone. I'm glad I looked it up, because I used to use the term approvingly and without sarcasm.

Ah, I see...my mistake

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

First off, what Tripp did was delibrate and he knew damn well that he could have killed the bird. Tripp is just lucky that PETA hasnt stuck there crazy freaking head in the situation yet.

The two are very similar.... Second of all, the kid would not be charged with anything... the golf course would be be sued by the individual(or family) due to their range cart being defective... That's but you do not understand. Neither should be in trouble for either event.... It is a misfortune that the bird got killed, but it's happened before and will happen again. Like I said, let him pay a fine or make a donation to whatever wild life fund, but just drop it.

Why is it that golfers on the driving range can hit the guy in the cart picking up range balls and
everyone thinks that is great fun, but when someone hits a bird the whole world wants to hang the
idiot?.......... I’m not saying what he did was ok. I am saying “what is wrong with our values”.
You hit the kid picking up balls you should be held to the same standards as the guy who drills a
animal.

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

Why is it that golfers on the driving range can hit the guy in the cart picking up range balls and

Well, I believe the cart was designed to take a shot from a golf ball. If i am mistaken I apologize. I dont think the hawk was designed to take an impact from a golf ball yet. That damn Evolution.

The two are very similar.... Second of all, the kid would not be charged with anything... the golf course would be be sued by the individual(or family) due to their range cart being defective... That's but you do not understand. Neither should be in trouble for either event

Sorry, I didnt know you already knew what the outcome of your "hypothetical" situation was. Forgive me for being stupid.

Question wasn't suppose to make you mad or make you "feel stupid" it was suppose to make you think. Both times individuals aimed and hit golf balls at a moveable target. Neither had malice in their hearts, and should not be persecuted.

In retrospect Tripp would not have aimed at the bird. But there really does not need to be a crucifying of Tripp because he hit a bird with a golf ball... It's not like he shot it, actually hit it with his iron, or even threw the ball at the bird... He just so happened to take a well aimed shot and hit it.

Anyways, I don't want to get in a fight with anyone here, you're allowed to have your opinion, and if you want to send a man to prison for 15 months because he killed a bird that is your opinion. I'm just trying to point out that this was an isolated incident, that it was a victimless crime, and let the guy throw a few thousand towards a charity or foundation, and let's drop the whole ordeal.

My question is what kind of animal (especially a bird) does not move or even leave the area when objects are flying by it. Not saying it's the birds fault, I'm just wondering why it did not move? Kind of peculiar.

My question is what kind of animal (especially a bird) does not move or even leave the area when objects are flying by it. Not saying it's the birds fault, I'm just wondering why it did not move? Kind of peculiar.

Maybe the bird was blind. Did you ever think of that you heartless bastard. Haha. I am just kidding. I dont mind he hit the bird, but honestly he couldnt have taken the two minutes to walk towards the bird so it would fly away.

Some people dont think about their actions until it offends someone. He doesnt deserve anytime in jail, especially anything close to 12 months. Vick only got like 22 or something like that for what he did. Tripp needs to write a check to a foundation somewhere and be done with it. Media takes this stuff to far sometimes. Not like it was a Grizzly Bear. ( Now that would be impressive) Oh yea, all my responses are sarcastic or supposed to be. Dont take anything I say to seriously unless I use this guy

Please, Ho. You are giving Oregonians a bad name.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

i had a bird yesterday flying in a seemingly menacing pattern around me, making screeching noises disrupting my swing

maybe there is some type of bird uprising afoot and alfred hitchcock is a prophet

trip isenhoer might become a hero after all is said and done

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

The kid in the ball-picker cart has a cage around him. People hit balls at the cart, not him. I don't hit balls at him on purpose. If he's heading toward the target I picked I don't stop either.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

The kind of animal is a predator.

Next time you're playing in the Southeast, try chasing an alligator away from the green by throwing clubs or balls at it. I had to break up such an occurrence in Hilton Head. Predators are not afraid of you. You'll leave before he does. It's not peculiar. It's nature. I've had two 'mystical' experiences. Both involve hawks at close range. Both of them stood at least 2 feet tall and built like, well, animals.
  • 1: I was walking my dog in the snow.
  • I look up and there's a gray hawk on a tree stump in my yard about 10 feet away.
  • He checked me and the dog out and we looked at each other for a few minutes. I left first.
  • 2: I'm walking my dog in the snow again. Out the door and there's a blue tipped hawk amidst a pile of feathers at my feet.
  • We checked each other out. I left first again.
Those are the events. I can't describe the feelings. I felt the Hawk was evaluating me and the dog. I felt like the Hawk was more than just an equal. Maybe you have not had any experiences like that. I was awe stricken. Oh, I heard Trip's interview on TGC this morning. Maybe he was aiming at the tree.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

This is another vote for getting the hawk out of your signature.

We get it.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

Bravo..

i haven't fooled myself and am sympathetic to the plight of our stewardship of the planet and its many creatures and ecosytems

it is heartening to see the concern by golfers here i do not hope for the permanent scarring of trip from this incident and see this event will become a focal point his and the golf community reevaluating its environmental impact and focusing on efforts to strive for ecological sustainability of the game my only concern is this comparison "its just a hawk and not equal to a human life" as to minimize the value of other life forms, not too far away from minimizing other humans for extermination, putting them on reservations or into slavery. i feel about 18 humans are worth one hawk's life and so not only should trip face the death penalty but the entire video crew

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I guess i am somewhat confused on the whole situation, this shouldnt even questionable on what a dumb thing he did, we have a level of responsability on the course and off, we are on natures play ground out there, we need to respect all of it, anyone who does not, should not be golfing, what kind of examples are we setting to the young kids who might be reading these posts, sad

Whats in my bag

Irons 2-pw mp-32 s300

fairway wood big bertha fusion 3+ 13* aldila nvs 55-sDriver 440sz 7.5* gs-6 s-flexwedge 56* SI beryllium wedge 52* MP seriesball hx tourputter hummmm

This is so stupid to be talking about this. Its just a Hawk. How many birds has that hawk killed to make its meals. I think Tripp saved countless smaller birds lives when he took out the hawk.

Do you know how many Chickens are killed each hour just in America alone?

1 Million , thats 24 million per day. A hole on my course runs along a farm, should I feel sorry for the chickens. No.

And as far as the Hawk in my sig. Honestly, who gets offended by a memorial of the Hawk. This hawk might be a martar for his cause, look at what he has started on this forum alone.

May he soar forever in the eternal sky.

Those chickens are born, bred and slaughtered for human consumption. They have minimal intelligence and most have probably never seen the light of day. The hawk, however, just read mikelz post above.

I kill a chicken humanely, I eat it. I kill a chicken, through severe physical trauma, and leave it lying there to rot, with blood coming out of its nostrils. Can you see the difference?
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Note: This thread is 5727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!