IGNORED

Play Exec Courses to improve scoring

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you play Par3 courses to sharpen your scoring game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Will consider for the future

What is all this talk about "practice" on a par 3 course. You play a par-3 course just like any other course.. only the holes are shorter.

I agree with you completely and I think that playing is part of your practice.

I like the "Executive" course up the road because you have to use your head.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Several people have suggested playing from the shortest tees possible on a regulation course for practice for a few reasons: It's a great way to push through your personal mental limits. Say you want to break 80. Keep playing from those short tees, until you can consistently break 80, then move back a set of tees and play those until you can do it there. Then keep moving back a step, achieving your goals until you reach whatever tees you normally play.
Short game practice, because playing from short tees should be much like an executive course. Course management because short tees totally take any concern about length out of the equation. I know we all believe it should be easy from those short tees, but if your course management or short game are not where you'd like, you might find you don't score as well as you think you would. It will really show you what to work on, I think...

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

What is all this talk about "practice" on a par 3 course. You play a par-3 course just like any other course.. only the holes are shorter.

Absolutely you can play the par-3 courses just like any other course. Most just absolutely avoid those courses like the plague...when in fact they can be used as a tool to develop your game for the longer championship length courses. And typically at a very reasonable price...and where the rounds are typically quick.

Another way to develop your game tip... Don't always play from the black or blue tees. Even try hitting from the whites...or dare I say...the reds (ok...I admit...I don't do that often).

I rarely have several hours to play a round of golf on a regular course.
I can play a par-3 course in under two hours, and it only costs me $10 without a cart, $17 with a cart.

Whats it take to play a "normal" course? 4 hours? 5 hours? 6 hours?
What does it cost to play? $50?? 60$?? More?? (with cart?)

Without par-3, I wouldn't get to play enough to enjoy the game.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

The executive courses that I have played are usually very crowded and slow with lots of seniors, women and groups.

So I should be happy that my club's course is over 6500 yards with side sloping fairways because its difficulty keeps the membership low and that means faster play.

If thats your driving average and your handicap is 14 you must be giving your shots away inside of 150 yds. So with that in mind, its hard for me to believe that you can make par or birdie everyhole.

i said i play them one stroke shorter. cause from every tee i have enough distance to get on in one off each tee (just recently starting hitting on in one on the longest hole at my local exec. course). i never said i make par or birdie everyhole. but i try to push myself to get on in one and one putt.

so don't try and put words in my mouth....

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!