• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FitForGolf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-20%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack/FitForGolf, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • Day 280 - Played in a scramble today. Driver was back, but approach shots were not good. A lot to work on before Hawaii…mostly need to rehab my left elbow. 
    • Day 1: 10/19 Range work, with focus on backswing. Playing tomorrow for the first time since Hurricane Helene. Only 9, non-consecutive holes open.
    • Yikes, that is not good for that golfer.  You are just asking for back issues doing rotation + side tilt + front tilt. Golfers naturally have degenerative disc issues if you practice and play long enough. Most people do in general, so it doesn't help. A desk job can cause issues. Still, doing all that extra side bend + torquing the back at such a high speed can't be good in the long term.  The evidence is out there right? Professional golfers with excessive side bend are going away from it because of back issues. I have no idea who thought of the idea that this was healthy. It is absurd. I will still say, this year has been the best for my back in a long time. More arms, less body for shallowing allowed me to play the most pain free. There was years were the next day for me after practice or playing is a crap shoot if my back would lock up or I would have some sort of nerve pain (sciatic).    
    • One of the former Elite Golf guys posted this on Instagram. Since they no longer embed, I'll copy the text below, but I encourage you to visit the link and see it fully: TJ Kathrineberg (@tjkgolf17) • Instagram photos and videos 207 likes, 22 comments - tjkgolf17 on October 13, 2024: "If you really wanna side bend… if it matches up with other things you like to do in your golf swing… be my guest. Side bend it up. But are we really going to... If you really wanna side bend… if it matches up with other things you like to do in your golf swing… be my guest. Side bend it up. But are we really going to pretend that this type of excess side bend is “healthy?” I’ve worked with people who speak about “health consequences” for things like banking the trail foot, and yet will continuously push young junior golfers into more and more and more side bend in efforts to “shallow” the club. These young pga tour players (if they want to keep playing) will almost certainly need to adjust their swing patterns later in their career to take some of the load off their spines. I feel as if that’s common sense. I don’t see a heck of a lot of thoracic side bend on the champions tour. Some, yes. Excess, no. Why not encourage a young junior into a pattern they can play with their entire lives? 🤷‍♂️
    • Day 19 - 2024-10-19 Hit balls for about 25 minutes afterward. A shank was not great for the thumb, but I moved it to the front side of the grip just to finish up hitting without impacting it much.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...