IGNORED

Where is TIM FINCHEM?

Wisco-Kid
Note: This thread is 5910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am just wondering if the past recent events with Trip, and JD has left any stains on the PGA name? I know these are not world ending events by any means and other sports have much worse problems, but this is golf. I want to know if anyone else is wondering where the heck is Finchem in all of this? Or where is Tim Finchem in general, he gets paid 4 million/year to do what?
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I am just wondering if the past recent events with Trip, and JD has left any stains on the PGA name? . . . . I want to know if anyone else is wondering where the heck is Finchem in all of this?

IMO, no.

I don't think Isenhower is more than a "nobody" on the PGA Tour. And John Daly is the same John Daly he's been for years. What else is new?

I was wondering the same thing myself..Tim Finchem has a terrible commisioner for the PGA Tour. First he failed to show up in Hawaii for the first PGA Tour event of the season. That was a mistake. The worst thing that he did was completely take out the B.C. Open and the International from the PGA Tour season. He made a lot of tour pros mad. I imagine Davis Love III was mad to see the International go because that was one of his favorite tournaments and it was on one of the best courses in the U.S. -Castle Pines.. I am upset that Tim has cancelled these events because i loved to watch them.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Administrator
I was wondering the same thing myself..Tim Finchem has a terrible commisioner for the PGA Tour. First he failed to show up in Hawaii for the first PGA Tour event of the season. That was a mistake.

Why? People aren't there to see Tim Finchem - they're there (or watching on TV) to watch golfers. Who cares if Tim wasn't there?

The worst thing that he did was completely take out the B.C. Open and the International from the PGA Tour season. He made a lot of tour pros mad.

Not really, no. None of the pros wanted to play in the B.C. Open because it's an opposite field event. They'd all rather be playing in, you know, the major that's played that week.

The pros weren't very mad. The pros know he - and Tiger - are responsible for the fact that even someone who barely keeps his Tour card earns $1M/year. Besides, players like to whine. Look at the whining over the "Rule of 78." Does that make the whiners right? Hell no.
I imagine Davis Love III was mad to see the International go because that was one of his favorite tournaments and it was on one of the best courses in the U.S. -Castle Pines.. I am upset that Tim has cancelled these events because i loved to watch them.

Oh, you're upset because... bah, forget it. You've made silly claims as if they're fact with no real evidence.

Tim's not done a super-great job, but I don't think he's done a bad job either. The pros are, top to bottom, fairly pleased with his performance, and oftentimes when they're not they're being overly whiny about "playing opportunities." Most of the time, if they'd simply play better, they wouldn't have anything to whine about.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!