IGNORED

Youth Driver

Note: This thread is 1320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a young son, who is really improving in golf and wants a nice new driver for his birthday. Problem is he’s still small and needs it shorter. What’s the best recommendation? Buy a nice used one and take it to golf galaxy and have a shaft put in?

thank you 

On 9/10/2020 at 6:50 PM, DewSweeper09 said:

I have a young son, who is really improving in golf and wants a nice new driver for his birthday. Problem is he’s still small and needs it shorter. What’s the best recommendation? Buy a nice used one and take it to golf galaxy and have a shaft put in?

thank you 

How old of a son are we talking and how tall is he?

Ping ProdiG if money was no option, because PING will reshaft with a longer shaft (if you bought a shaft). Another option is to go the U.S. Kids route. They have clubs for every height from 39" up to 66" in 3 inch increments.

Another thing about U.S. Kids Golf is they have the Outlet section so you can usually find clubs on the cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you kindly for the response. He’s a small 12 year old boy. 

let me reword my question. How can I give him a nice Titleist or taylormade driver? Will they cut down the shaft some? Will that affect the club taking off some at the end?

Thanks again.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, DewSweeper09 said:

Thank you kindly for the response. He’s a small 12 year old boy. 

let me reword my question. How can I give him a nice Titleist or taylormade driver? Will they cut down the shaft some? Will that affect the club taking off some at the end?

Thanks again.

It would be better if he just choked up on the grip than cut it down. Reducing length from the grip end changes the swing weight and the club will feel heavy. Woman’s driver heads are generally lighter because the shaft weight is lighter. You could try and get a woman’s driver for now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!