IGNORED

Ever throw a club on the course?

Pedo
Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Have you ever thrown a club on the golf course

• Yes
    • No
    • No (but I sure wanted to)

LOL,,,Sorry Man, I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time it happened,,,but that had me cracking up,,,,LOL!!!

Ya I was ready to murder him, but now when I look back on it, it is funny.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I found part of the club (shaft with grip) from someone who might have had a bad round. Kept it use as a practice tool, or stake for my tomatoes.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

I played my first round of the season and am happy to report that it was free of any club throwing. Great start.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I haven't thrown a club in several rounds. But its something I struggle with. Does it do any good? No. Does it make me feel better? No. Why do I give in to the temptation on occasion? I have no idea.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

A lot. I have a bad temper.

I'm sure to never damage anything not mine though, the course is out of the way of danger.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

in my first round this year, i "tossed" my wedge to my nearby bag after I left it in the bunker. that wedge also broke my parents lamp. as i said in my previous post, i never "throw" my club

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

No. But then again I've never been one to throw, punch, or otherwise damage things when angry. I'm more of a grumbler. I have a buddy who I've seen throw his sand-wedge a hundred yards into a vacant field next to a par 4 at course we play at least 3 times. And then he has to go find it. Silly!

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Yes but only 2 times ever and i hated myself for doing it
In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

I voted yes. I threw them a lot when I first started playing left handed then played with a friend who had a serious anger problem. Watching him throw a tantrum for 18 holes which included some serious club throwing I made a deal to myself to never act like that again on a golf course.

True story though: My nephew was playing with a buddy of his a few years ago who hit a bad shot with a 4 iron and out of disgust he sort of backhand chopped the club at a tree that had interefeared with his backswing. What he did not know was that there was a metal rod attached to the tree for support. When he struck the metal rod (instead of the tree) with the heel of the club (not that hard according to my nephew), the club shattered on impact right at the hosel and the the blade flew up and imbedded in his cheek, breaking his jaw. They had to call paramedics to come and get him and take him to the hospital where surgeons removed the head of a 4 iron from his face leaving a nasty scar as a constant reminder to keep control on the golf course.

A humerous part of the story is that this guy now no longer carries a 4 iron. He says he will never again swing one.

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

I've done it...guilty. But I will say one thing, for some reason I never seem to throw my expensive clubs. I have chucked my old sand wedge several times toward the cart but not now that I have my RAC TPs. Just can't let go of it and risk breaking it. Too much $$$...

Never let one fly from my hands...have slammed a few into the turf, etc. Dumbest had to be high school state championships. Chili-dipped a short approach shot after a perfect drive, and decided to give my bag a tomahawk chop (before anyone thought of having stands for bags). Didn't think much of it, or realize how stupid this was, until I got to the next hole, a par three, and pulled out the requisite club, and noticed that I had managed to put a nice crease in the shaft of my 7 iron. Pulled all my clubs out and saw that my 8 and 4 were also damaged. Mind you, this was the 4th or 5th hole.

Have managed to keep my temper in check since then! Much cheaper. I did get some good practice on hitting punch 6's that weekend.

In My Bag:

Driver: Si3 380
3 & 4 Woods: Eye-o-matic Persimmons (yes...Persimmons)
Irons: 3-PW R7 TP S300Wedges: Karsten II 57* SW, Vokey 54.10 and 58.08 Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: White Hot SabertoothBall: Pro V1x"That's the easiest shot in golf....a short chip into the sand."

• 3 weeks later...
I received this link in an email today and thought of the thread. Kind of funny.

LMAO.. thats too funny... Never thrown one, but I have buried the head of a few wedges on occasion. Felt like an idiot.

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

Classic, I was playing an SCGA tourney to qualify and one of the dudes in my 4some missed a 3 putt and threw his putter up in a tree and it stayed up there. It was so high he couldn't get it. Had to put without it for 9 holes that jackass.

I played with a co-worker a few weeks ago.. He hit a 8 iron, topped it, and then threw his club a good 80 yards, embedded it into the turf.

We complimented him on his club-chucking skill the whole day.

"So did you decock your wrists at the topswing?"

"Maybe a grip change will get you extra yardage."

"Regular or stiff flex - which one gets more yardage?"
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

ive never thrown a club but im partial to just letting the club fall out of my hands after my follow though on a really bad shot. just letting the club fall behind me

Dymo
R5 5 Wood
Highbore 2 Hybrid
R7 Irons 3-SW
60° Lob58° CG12 White Hot #5 Nxt Tour App for BB Tour

No, but I've thrown my hat. Usually I just laugh at myself - I try not to be one of "those" people who blow their stack on the course. That just makes everyone else uncomfortable.

rusrus

Stand Bag: Grom
Driver: R5 Dual
Irons (3-P): 735CM StainlessWedge 52: FEEL DesignerWedge 56: FEEL DesignerWedge 60: FEEL DesignerPutter: Natalie 35"

Been about 10 years since I threw a club.

Once tossed my 8 iron into a tree on the left side of the 13th hole at Torrey Pines. Got stuck up there and broke. Had to have somebody from the pro shop come out and lasso it down. I did regain my composure and break 80 for the round.

The 8 iron is still in my father's bag. But the tree was removed a few years ago during renovations.

I don't throw clubs anymore. I try enjoying the game more these days, not getting frustrated over mistakes.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!